We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa rental suggesions not too isolated and reasonable $$?

U.S.
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Villa rental suggesions not too isolated and reasonable $$?

My husband and I will be in Eleuthera for 5 days in February. We are thinking of staying at Pineapple Fields. But would love to rent a villa instead, as long as it's not too isolated at one end of the island, so that it's still easy to explore much of Eleuthera.

We don't want to pay more than ~$200/night. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Dee Dee

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,329 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa rental suggesions not too isolated and reasonable $$?

You might take a look at www.seaglasscottagebahamas.com- it is in the Rainbow Beach area (check a map of Eleuthera to see where this is located- not near GH but not isolated either).

Patrick, South...
Destination Expert
for Eleuthera
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa rental suggesions not too isolated and reasonable $$?

Hi Dee Dee, and welcome. DnA made a great choice (Hi) but I just looked and the are booked for the whole month (I have stayed here and would highly recommend it if available). You have many other choices and I would suggest you go to vrbo and check their site. Make sure you check their calenders first. I will look also and post as to which meet your criteria. Do you have specific dates?

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,329 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa rental suggesions not too isolated and reasonable $$?

sorry- I looked before I suggested it and did not see a calendar on their website- guess I missed it- I usually look for that as well to save research time-

Patrick, South...
Destination Expert
for Eleuthera
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa rental suggesions not too isolated and reasonable $$?

Hi DnA, That's ok I was pretty sure she was booked so it made me look.

Hope you are well! Deb

Patrick, South...
Destination Expert
for Eleuthera
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Villa rental suggesions not too isolated and reasonable $$?

The Rainbow area has many to choose from depending on what you are looking for and a really nice area. You are 5 minutes from one side of the island to the other for both shores, be sure to ask if it is directly on the water if thats what you want. NPP; Aqua Vista, Waters Edge, and Off the Reef have some open days. I haven't stayed at any of them so cannot recommend. Ten Bay; Bahamas Ten Bay Beach (Walkers Cottage, when

we stayed there, very nice can recommend, Bahama Blue has open days.

Savannah Sound; Tranquil Waterfront-Hillside, called Beside the Pointe, we are staying here in May, the owner is wonderful to work with and we are looking very forward to it. These are just a few of way to many rentals to list. If you have any more questions please ask. Also if you find one you are interested in ask all the questions of the owner you can think of. There is much research to be done for an out island so be sure to go to Top Questions on the main forum page and investigate. Cheers

U.S.
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Villa rental suggesions not too isolated and reasonable $$?

Thanks for the suggestions!

We will be there from 2/11 through 2/16. It would be nice to be walking distance to the beach. We are not surfers so a beach good for swimming and walking (without stepping on too many rocks/ crushed shells) is ideal!

And of course a place that is known to have a good repuation and is well cared for is what we really want.

Patrick, South...
Destination Expert
for Eleuthera
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Villa rental suggesions not too isolated and reasonable $$?

Your welcome, and let us know if you need any help with choosing or if you have done so. I will be sending you a PM, when you sign in just look to the top right and click on the message.

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
513 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Villa rental suggesions not too isolated and reasonable $$?

Look at Poponi Cottage, $175 a night on a beautiful beach.. Great amenities. Not a soul to be seen on the beach.. 3 min. drive to the main road.

Google Poponi Cottage Eleuthera

Tim from Chicagoland

Patrick, South...
Destination Expert
for Eleuthera
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Villa rental suggesions not too isolated and reasonable $$?

Poponi is already booked for part of the time DD is going.

Texas
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Villa rental suggesions not too isolated and reasonable $$?

There are several on Double Bay, that are a good size for two people. Tropical Heights is a favorite of ours, just north of Twin Coves. Quite a few on North Palmetto Point.

When we first started looking, I just did an Internet search. Just about everything is right on the beach, or really close to it. I'd say stay central to give you more options.

Barefoot TEX