We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Governors harbour restaurants

daisytown
Level Contributor
584 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Governors harbour restaurants

29 days and we will be on Eleuthera. We are staying in Governors Harbour and wondered what would be choices for some good meals in that area., casual and one special night out. Also we are renting a car at the airport , how do you usually find the house where you are staying?Iam going to email the owner with a few questions but thought I would ask here first.

Nancy

newport news
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Governors harbour restaurants

We are on the island right now and staying at Pineapple Fields in the Governors Harbour area. I would be happy to let you know about restaurants when we return. We did have a very good meal at Tippy's last night. Also, the gentleman that we rented our vehicle from actually drove us from the airport to our hotel. This may have been because we had to fly into ELH which is an hours drive from Governors Harbour. I will be posting a trip review when we return so hopefully I will have info that will help lyou.

Eleuthera
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Governors harbour restaurants

Ask the homeowner to e-mail you specific directions for driving to the house. They should be happy to accommodate ...

For good local food, try Sunset Inn, just south of Governor's. Buccaneer in "downtown" is nice for lunch. So is the Bistro, north of town. You can get good sandwiches at Banks Road Deli, near Tippy's. Baked goods, too.

For a "special nite out," Tippy's or Coco di Mama are your best bets right now. Paolo, the chef of the now defunct La Dolce Vita, is consulting at Coco on weekends, so try them on a Fri-Sun nite.

Another really good bet for lunch or a nice dinner is the Beach House tapas bar on Banks Road outside Governor's.

Enjoy.

Windsor, Canada
Destination Expert
for Eleuthera
Level Contributor
1,864 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Governors harbour restaurants

Get some directions from the home owner and then print a map off of a site like Google Map. Most people who rent their homes have a prepared sheet with directions and general information that they email to all their renters.

For good basic meals around Governor's Harbour try Buccaneer Club, Pina Cafe, Sunset Inn, and Bank's Road Deli. For a special meal try Tippy's, Tapas, Cocodimama or Sky Beach.

WILLIAMSPORT,PA
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Governors harbour restaurants

Nancy,

Patrick has a detailed map he will send you for the first time but you can also ask whoever you rented your car from and they will give you a short cut.

We found a road before the entrance to Sky Beach that will take you across the island to Banks Road. Turn left and go maybe 1/2 mile and your home.

Texas
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Governors harbour restaurants

Most houses have a Guest Book. There are great recommendations in those. You will see a pattern develop after reading just a few. Even with people's different ideas of what's good and what's not, you can tell what you will wind up liking.

As great as the message boards are (and they really are) the Guest Book at the house is a great resource.

Barefoot Tex

King of Prussia...
Level Contributor
306 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Governors harbour restaurants

La Dolce Vita is gone???

Eleuthera
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Governors harbour restaurants

Yup, closed for good a couple of weeks ago. Their lease was up and business was off the past couple of seasons, and they opened a place over in Nassau, so ...

They sold off most of the restaurant's stuff at a huge yard sale last week. I have Paolo's wok -- wish I were as handy with it as he is.

King of Prussia...
Level Contributor
306 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Governors harbour restaurants

Bummer!

9. Re: Governors harbour restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 November 2010, 04:18