We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can we get groceries on Sunday?

Vermont, USA
Level Contributor
121 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Can we get groceries on Sunday?

We're arriving at Governor's Harbor on a Sunday. Are the grocery stores open?

Windsor, Canada
Destination Expert
for Eleuthera
Level Contributor
1,916 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Can we get groceries on Sunday?

I believe that they are open early in the day, but that they close early, so it depends what time your arrive.

Vermont, USA
Level Contributor
121 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can we get groceries on Sunday?

The flight arrives at 2:00 pm.

Gastonia, North...
Level Contributor
3,529 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can we get groceries on Sunday?

Where are you staying? If there's a property manager on the island you can ask if they can go ahead and stock the rental with some basic things to get you through til Monday.

Vermont, USA
Level Contributor
121 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can we get groceries on Sunday?

Good suggestion. We're staying at a rental house in Palmetto Point. I'm going to call the owner and see what we can arrange.

Patrick, South...
Destination Expert
for Eleuthera
Level Contributor
1,623 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can we get groceries on Sunday?

Hi laurensvt, I read on a different site that Eleuthera Supply (Shell gas station in GHB) is open until 3pm, i'm not sure if this applies now as it is old, and maybe a bit risky. Sunday is a day for church and family and as Windsordave said, ( HI Dave) alot of places close early. As jungledriver said you best bet would be to ask the owner if the property manager would stock a few basic essentials for you. We have done this and were very happy with the results, we got things for breakfast, mixers, liquor, kalik, and you could also see if they could get a meal for you to have the first night from a "take out" place if they could. It depends on the caretaker/property owner and they will do their best to accomodate but, this is a question for them unless you are familiar with what will be open. Have a great trip! Cheers If you don't mind saying, where will you be staying and when, it might be easier to help, alot of places close during the slow season?

Vermont, USA
Level Contributor
121 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can we get groceries on Sunday?

Thanks, sas58. I hope we can just get stocked with a few things. We're staying at Romantic Bungalow and arrive on October 24. I realize it's slow season and a lot of places will be closed, but that's okay with us.

King of Prussia...
Level Contributor
306 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can we get groceries on Sunday?

You will not find any liquor stores open on Sunday when you get there, so make sure you have your caretaker get your started on some Kalik and some rum. Oh, that got me thinking about pineapple rum!

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
777 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can we get groceries on Sunday?

We arrived on a Sunday knowing that stores would not be open. Our solution was to buy liquor at a duty free store when we changed planes and brought a few things to cover us for breakfast on Monday. The Sunset Inn is open for dinner on Sunday.

Edited: 08 October 2010, 12:11
9. Re: Can we get groceries on Sunday?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 April 2011, 06:16