We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Summer villa

Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Summer villa

Hello all! I need some help, please. Hubby and I will be travelling to Eleuthera this summer, in June. We want a villa that is PRIVATE - this is our main goal. A nice beach would be good too. We were initially looking at Tropical Heights. The cost is great - about 1100 dollars for the week. Does anyone have any other thoughts?

Thanks so much!

Patrick, South...
Destination Expert
for Eleuthera
Level Contributor
1,770 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Summer villa

Hi, Beside the Pointe is also very private. Cheers

Level Contributor
513 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Summer villa

I'd look at Da Villa. More expensive but on a fantastic beach with easy road access. Yet you might go the entire week without seeing anyone on the beach. Enter Da Villa in the search box. I'm sure you'll find relative information that you will find useful. Do that for whatever you have a question about. Saves a lot of time waiting for replies, especially when you have a lot of questions.

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
52 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Summer villa

I don't think you can get much more private than Tropical Heights. We spent 2 weeks there for our 10th Anniversary this past April and absolutely loved it. The closest thing we saw to people near our beach was the cruise ships that went by miles offshore. The house is perfect for two people looking to get away from it all. It has everything you will need for a comfortable stay. It is extremely private yet only a few minutes drive into town for supplies. On the days we were not exploring the island we would load up a cooler of drinks and snacks and head down to the beach about 10:00 am and not go back up to the house until dusk. There is great fishing and snorkeling right in front of the house as well as plenty of shells and seaglass to pick up.

Isreal Johnson is the caretaker of the house and one of the nicest men you will ever meet. He also has cars available for rent.

Feel free to shoot me a message if you have any specific questions. We loved it so much we are already booked for next March.

Frederiksted, St...
Level Contributor
33 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Summer villa

There is a new house available in Tarpum Bay.

Check out Parlay at Sunset. There's a facebook page and their own website.

Closest neighbor is a few hundred yards down the road. The house is right on the beach and has everything you need.

Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Summer villa

Without a doubt, Tropical Heights is the most private house we've stayed at. We have been there twice, and our son and daughter-in-law stayed there last summer. While there is "technically" another entrance to that beach, you REALLY have to know where it is and how to get there. Otherwise, the stairs down from the house is the only access. You'll see people down at Twin Coves, but that is over a mile away, and not connected to the TH beach. The view is stunning, and the snorkeling is fantastic.

We've also stayed at two place on Double Bay. While not completely private, we could still count the number of people that passed by us on one hand, out of the 17 days we were there.

Feel free to send me a PM or e-mail if you have other questions.

Barefoot Tex

6. Re: Summer villa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2011, 05:57
Get answers to your questions about Eleuthera
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now