We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kokomo

daisytown
Level Contributor
587 posts
1 review
Save Topic
kokomo

Has anyone stayed at this house? Love the fact it sits right on the beach , no stairs. Is there easy entry into the water? Also is bugs a problem so close to the water at dusk? We stayed at a house last June that had steps going to the beach. My knees are getting bad and thought this house would be a good option. Does anyone know any other houses with no steps with great beach for snorkeling.

Nancy

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: kokomo

Check out Romatic Bungalow

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
2,897 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: kokomo

Nancy- we did stay at RB in April 2008 and did so just for the reason you are citing- not having to go down lots of stairs to the beach (I have arthritis in one knee that is bothersome with lots of stairs) . The house is very close to the beach/water and the snorkeling is said to be very good there- we just had lousy weather that trip and it was too rough and cold to snorkel. It is a smaller house than the others you are looking at but the view is hard to beat! Email or PM me if I can help.

A

Attleboro, MA
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: kokomo

We stayed at Kokomo last July. The no seums loved me and I was the only one out of 5. There are stairs down to the lower deck then the ramp to the sands. It truly is right on the water. Sitting on the lower deck at high tide it looked like an enternity pool,.....Great location and the road was being done last summer.

It looked pretty booked up so good luck.

Liz

daisytown
Level Contributor
587 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: kokomo

How did you like the house? Was there easy entry into the water? Snorkeling good?

Nancy

Attleboro, MA
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: kokomo

The house is an older house that has three bedrooms. We were a party of 5 so it was very comfortable. The snorkeling was alright....The beach was great down a bit. I little rocking right in front but no worries they have great floats. It was extremely private. We might have seen a total of 7 people all week. The upper desk is really hot duriong the day. That is why we stayed on the lower one with the hammocks. Entry into the water wasn't bad. My sister-in-law was coming off a broken ankle and she manged just a little slower.

Anything else please do not hesitate. By the way we flew in via Twin Air out of Ft. Lauderdale.

daisytown
Level Contributor
587 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: kokomo

Would you stay at the house again? We loved Oceanaire and would stay there again but I wanted a place without steps due to a bad knee. How far down is the entry easier, This was the case with Oceanaire also. We walked down the beach a bit and it was easy to get in, no rock or coral.

Nancy

Attleboro, MA
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: kokomo

Yes we would say at the house again just not this year. Off to another island. The walk down the beach was about 100 feet. Don't get me wrong we swam and floated right in front of the house alot....the waves were just better down the beach. The steps down to the lower level are really the only steps then it is ramped.

8. Re: kokomo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2012, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Eleuthera