We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 Couples House with Pool

Clearwater
Level Contributor
260 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
2 Couples House with Pool

Hi we are hoping o find a house with a pool - comfortable for 2 couples. We will be travelling end of June. Any ideas. We will rent a car and also hope to take advantage of the few restaurants available on Eleuthera. Thank you, amazing island.

Ontario
Level Contributor
312 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 Couples House with Pool

How about Yellow House in Governor's Harbour?

Clearwater
Level Contributor
260 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 Couples House with Pool

Hi Island: Interesting house, beatiful interior, great pool, do you know how far it is to the beach. The only concern I have is that there may be too much traffice as it is in walking distance from GH. Otherwise it is perfect. I looked at Bougainvilla, but it has some maintainance issues from reviews I read. Not awful issues, I am sure I would address them with owner. Thank you. I am writing owner to check out how far it is from beach and how busy the beach gets.

Ontario
Level Contributor
312 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 Couples House with Pool

Yellow House is not on the beach. It's in Governor's Harbour, up the hill from Pyfrom's liquor store. You're close to French Leave beach and a lot of the stores and nice restaurants though. I haven't stayed here yet but planning to later this year. I have stayed at a 1-bdrm house designed by the same people who did Yellow House, and I will say that they know what they're doing. Better than a hotel - modern all around, high quality bedding, linens - everything is great quality. If you do a search for pool properties in vrbo and homeaway you will be able to locate some properties with pools. However, some beaches in Eleuthera are just like big swimming pools (Ten Bay). Good luck and fun in your search.

Gastonia, North...
Level Contributor
3,479 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 Couples House with Pool

Blue Palms would be perfect but I think it's booked the whole month of June. We were looking at it as well with our friends and their children. I think we're shooting for June 24 - July 3rd. The friends are leaning towards staying at Sky Beach (has a pool) and we're renting a house right down the road.

Missoula, Montana
Level Contributor
176 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 Couples House with Pool

Canta Libre has a pool. They're right across the road from Blue Palms. You will have to email them for avalability in June.

New York
Level Contributor
611 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 Couples House with Pool

we ( family of 7) stayed at Blue Palms in 2/09 and loved it. the best deal for 4 bedrm/2 bath brand new beachfront home winew pool in N. Palmetto Pt. Owner, M. McBride was so pleasant to work with as it heir housekeper/caretaker.

Canta Libre is smaller home w/pool on the other side of rd from Blue Palms. Canta Libre is not beachfront - so you do have to walk over the road and pass through the home next to Blue Palms to get to the beach. Apparently the owners of C. Libre also own the home next to Blue Palms so the guests at C Libre can walk through this beachfront home property and use their Tiki Hut IF it not rented.

But this was 2009 and things may have changed.

Cante Libre looks lovely on the site.

Good luck!

Nashville, TN
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,706 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2 Couples House with Pool

A note about Eleuthera...

It is never crowded as we would use the word. Even the "city" of Governors Harbour is not busy. No fears about the hustle and bustle of the city disturbing you.

The street the you must cross at Canta Libre sees very few cars. While you will not walk directly from your porch onto the beach, you don't ahve to cross 4 lanes of 60 mph traffic.

That time of year, I would really consider skipping the pool. The ocean will be heavenly, and a big part of the fun of Eleu is packing a picnic and exploring the many beautiful beaches. You can find beaches as calm and clear as any pool.

8. Re: 2 Couples House with Pool

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2012, 23:16
Get answers to your questions about Eleuthera