We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vehicle rental for group/ looking for resort pics

Gastonia, North...
Level Contributor
3,485 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Vehicle rental for group/ looking for resort pics

Has anyone come across a car/van rental that would accommodate 4 adults and 4 children (ages 2-8)? Also, does anyone have pictures of Sky Beach looking up from old Banks Rd? Our friends may be staying there and I just want them to be prepared. I've told them it's not finished and would like to show them some pics that are not from the website. We have a panoramic video taken from the very top homesite but you can't really see the whole place. Thanks!

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
513 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Vehicle rental for group/ looking for resort pics

I Googled "know before you go Sky Beach Club" & found some construction picks of the grounds from someone who has been there. Hope this helps.

Gastonia, North...
Level Contributor
3,485 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vehicle rental for group/ looking for resort pics

Thank you! It's Tim, correct? I didn't think to look at the pics from the reviews. I found one that will work taken by michelled1981 that shows part of the pool area and then on up the hill toward the large villas. I think that will do. I'm not trying to discourage anyone from staying there, i just really, really want them to be prepared since this is the 1st trip to Eleuthera and they normally stay at mega resorts.

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
513 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Vehicle rental for group/ looking for resort pics

Yea, Tim here. I think the grounds will take a couple of years to fill in. The villas look great & the restaurant is very good. It's to bad they don't want to rent a very nice villa for that kind of money. Only if I wanted to stay in one place, no rental car, & eating just there, no way. Some much to see & other good places to eat.

Tim

Windsor, Canada
Destination Expert
for Eleuthera
Level Contributor
1,898 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Vehicle rental for group/ looking for resort pics

I know of a rental van that will seat 6 adults, but if you need 8 seat belts I think you may be stuck renting two vehicles.

Newport, Rhode...
Level Contributor
330 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vehicle rental for group/ looking for resort pics

i'd have them stay at cocodimama before sky - the look of sky is really shocking - not sure how it will "fill in" when there is no topsoil at all

Gastonia, North...
Level Contributor
3,485 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vehicle rental for group/ looking for resort pics

Thanks all. My friends are very easy going people so I think they will be ok as long as their kids are happy. If Sky Beach doesn't work out, we'll look at a home in Wykee. I'd like to stay near that area and my friends would prefer to have a pool for the kids as they aren't completely comfortable with the ocean yet.

WindsorDave, may I have the contact info for the person who rents the van?

Thanks again!

Patrick, South...
Destination Expert
for Eleuthera
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vehicle rental for group/ looking for resort pics

Correct me if i'm wrong but, SB only has an infinity pool. I don't know if kids would really "like" that so much???

Gastonia, North...
Level Contributor
3,485 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vehicle rental for group/ looking for resort pics

They're looking to rent one of the large villas that has it's own pool. The main pool has a zero entry which I think the kids would like too.

Patrick, South...
Destination Expert
for Eleuthera
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Vehicle rental for group/ looking for resort pics

Ok, thanks Jungle! Let us know what you decide or if you need more help/suggestions. Cheers

Windsor, Canada
Destination Expert
for Eleuthera
Level Contributor
1,898 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Vehicle rental for group/ looking for resort pics

My kids adore the pool at Sky Beach. Also they are working on plantings to cover up the limestone but it will take a long time.

I'm sending you a PM with contact info for the van.

Get answers to your questions about Eleuthera