We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gas prices?

GROTON MA
Level Contributor
17 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Gas prices?

We are going to Eleuthera the end of April...I was just curious how high the gas prices are there for anyone that has been recently.

nassau
Level Contributor
3,222 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Gas prices?

Can't speak for Eleuthera..but gas prices are approaching $5 per gallon here in Nassau, and there's movement to increase it by 30 cents per gallon (in one shot) ...which will only impact Eleuthera more greatly. The price per gallon of gasoline is regulated by the goverment...just two years ago we approached $7 per gallon here in Nassau, and it was much higher on the family islands.

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
513 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Gas prices?

I haven't been recently but it's about 50% higher than in the states. My first trip I took a picture of the pump price to show my friends who were shocked. Everything is imported so expect the sticker shock. Although the nicer restaurants are equal in price & quality to what you'd find in New York, Chicago, or LA. Albeit there are maybe 3 or 4 I'd put into that category. The restaurants serving local cuisine are quite reasonable though.

Westfield...
Level Contributor
179 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gas prices?

We were in Eleuthera for 3 weeks in February and paid $5.25 a gallon in a new little gas station by Johnson's market.

Westfield...
Level Contributor
179 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gas prices?

Johnsons market is in the Lower Bogue,near the Seven Seas restaurant .

Eleuthera
Level Contributor
2,631 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gas prices?

Consider this, tho -- you'll use less gas here than you would in a more populous area. You're never sitting in a traffic jam, or waiting out a 3-light cycle in a left turn lane, or circling a mall parking lot endlessly looking for a parking space, and you're usually driving more slowly, not blasting along at 70 mph on a highway.

I find it kinda evens out ...

NYC
Level Contributor
121 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gas prices?

Paid $5.16/gal @ Culmer's in Savannah Sound on Tuesday.

Waitsfield, Vermont
Level Contributor
112 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Gas prices?

No traffic lights? No shopping malls? No racing to get somewhere?

And you call this paradise? Shhh...........

Eleuthera
Level Contributor
52 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Gas prices?

Paid $ 5.56 in Tarpum Bay yesterday (March 23,2011)

Seems the government just put a 30 cent a gallon tax on top of the rising prices according to the gas station owner I spoke to.

Key Largo
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Gas prices?

Can someone give an update on the gas prices on Eleuthera, we will be there June 17 - 25 and looking forward to seeing the island again. We are bringing some friends with us this time (who have never been) so I am sure that we will be driving around showing them stuff.

Eleuthera
Level Contributor
2,631 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Gas prices?

Went up to $6.14 at Point and Governor's this week.

They don't do daily adjustments here, as in the States, so when it goes up it takes a pretty stiff jump.

Get answers to your questions about Eleuthera