We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Harbour Island video

Ontario
Level Contributor
352 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Harbour Island video

I put together a little video of Harbour Island. I love spending the day there - nice people, great restaurants, stunning pink sand beaches - and driving around in a golf cart is a real hoot. If you would like to have a looksee: http://vimeo.com/21508768

Mentioned in this post
Harbour Island
Harbour Island
Out Islands
nassau
Level Contributor
3,222 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Harbour Island video

Awesome!! The current "Atlantis sucks" commercial has nothing on your video post. Absoultely one of the best on line videos(Bahamas) I've seen in a long time. J-Loo,Randy, and me...say your moving on to the next round...of Bahamas Visitors Idol, hope the "experts" at the ministry of tourism are paying attention. Yeah right. Excellent job, hope you don't mind if I put this on facebook and utube.

Mentioned in this post
Bahamas
Bahamas
Caribbean
Ontario
Level Contributor
352 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Harbour Island video

Haha thanks! What's the 'atlantis sucks' commercial?

nassau
Level Contributor
3,222 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Harbour Island video

In all seriousness, that was an excellent video presentation. Glad that you enjoyed your stay.

Windsor, Canada
Destination Expert
for Eleuthera
Level Contributor
2,137 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Harbour Island video

More great work Islandcoo, thanks. We are headed down next Wednesday if you are going to be around.

nassau
Level Contributor
3,222 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Harbour Island video

The "Atlantis sucks" commercial, is the generic commercial that they run every morning via the Miami stations. That's just my name for the commercial. Just not a big fan of commecialized (not sure if that's a word) resorts that promote water slides, etc. and ignore the true Bahamain culture and natural resources.

Ontario
Level Contributor
352 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Harbour Island video

Ahh, I get it. Not literally here on my tv in Canada, but you know what I mean ;)

Have a great trip WindsorDave - I'll be freezing up here and shovelling snow!

Windsor, Canada
Destination Expert
for Eleuthera
Level Contributor
2,137 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Harbour Island video

Hopefully the snow is about done. I'll head to Sip Sip's and try one of your ginger margaritas. That is a new one on me, but I did get hooked on their Dark and Stormy last time - ginger beer and dark rum, yum.

Ontario
Level Contributor
352 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Harbour Island video

Dark and Stormy - Dave, that sounds delicious! I've never heard of that before and can't wait to try it...too bad it's 8am right now...have to wait a few more hours haha :) Happy travels!

King of Prussia...
Level Contributor
306 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Harbour Island video

Have a nice trip, Dave. We will not be almost running into each other this trip, as we are not going until the 14th of April. We have never made it to Harbour Island, but are planning on a day trip this time. Who is your golf cart man there? I have the same brood to haul around as you: 3 kids and my beautiful wife.

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Harbour Island
Harbour Island
Out Islands
Windsor, Canada
Destination Expert
for Eleuthera
Level Contributor
2,137 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Harbour Island video

We will just miss you as we leave on the 13th.

Dunmore golf cart rentals is in a little store just across from the dock. Their carts seem a little less expensive and more reliable than they guys who swarm you on the dock as soon as you get off the boat :)