We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nassau airport

Williamsport...
Level Contributor
132 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Nassau airport

I just dropped by for a visit at the forum, and I notice no one seems to have posted on the change at the Nassau airport. It someone did, great. Skip this post. : }

They have opened a new section at the airport that requires plenty of lead time. Morning flights you can get away with 2 hours, but afternoon schedule 3-4 depending on day of week and season. The airlines now have to take photos of your luggage, and the Immigration agent looks at the photos when you come through. Also, you have to be shuttled from the domestic terminal to the new terminal. The buses run every 5-10 minutes, but it adds on more time.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,534 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Nassau airport

I guess taking photos of your luggage

makes it easy to find it if you have to

be taken off the plane. A few years ago

when I was returning home someone

aboard was drunk and unruly and had

to be removed from the plane. We had

to wait on the ramp for about 1 1/2

hours before the ramp workers were

able to find his checked luggage and

remove them from the cargo hold.

Edited: 26 April 2011, 19:33
Windsor, Canada
Destination Expert
for Eleuthera
Level Contributor
1,969 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Nassau airport

Thanks for the update. All the more reason to fly direct into Eleuthera from Miami or Ft. Lauderdale.

Williamsport...
Level Contributor
132 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nassau airport

Arriving isn't as easy as it used to be either. You have to hike farther from your entry gate to baggage. Keep this in mind. Tight connections won't work.

Williamsport...
Level Contributor
132 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nassau airport

Problem is we cannot fly through Miami without an overnight. We can fly through Philly and get to Nassau by noon.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
108 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nassau airport

A heads up that this doesn't affect those of us who are flying from and back to Canada.

Patrick, South...
Destination Expert
for Eleuthera
Level Contributor
1,671 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nassau airport

Hi B, can you give me a time frame on when it starts getting busy for departure? Thanks

Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
49 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nassau airport

GingerBaby - we are in the Falls. Where do you usually fly out of? Best airlines?

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
108 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nassau airport

We fly out of Toronto and have flown both Air Canada and Westjet directly to Nassau.

Newport, Rhode...
Level Contributor
330 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nassau airport

We are going through Nas for 1 st time. On the way to lutra. What is the procedure ? I booked through us air. Do I have to get my luggage and then go to Bahamas air ? Or does the airline transfer the bags?

Gastonia, North...
Level Contributor
3,590 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Nassau airport

you pick up your luggage after you pass through immigration. Once you have your luggage, you walk through a small turnstile which is customs. Then walk all the way down to the right to the domestic flights area and you'll see the BA counter.

Get answers to your questions about Eleuthera