We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nassau to eleuthera

Manahawkin, New...
4 posts
Save Topic
nassau to eleuthera

what's the best and preferably cheapest way to get from nassau to eleuthera? will be traveling in september. have heard either flight, ferry or mailboat. mailboat sounds awesome but can't find much info on it. ferry would be second choice but can't find any updated schedule or fare info. any help would be appreciated.

aloha,

jb

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,529 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: nassau to eleuthera

If you are departing from area near the airport on New Providence, you can fly to N. Eleuthera Airport R/T for about $125. If leaving from Paradise Island you have to factor in a $40 cab ride back to the airport.

The ferry costs $131 R/T. Go to www.bahamasferries.com for schedules. The schedules are up to date. I recently bought a ticket online at the ferry website. Ferry takes 3 hours each way and leaves daily at 8AM sharp from the ferry terminal on Potter's Cay under the bridges to/from Paradise Island.

Manahawkin, New...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: nassau to eleuthera

awesome, thanks. nothing on the mailboats? :-)

jb

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,529 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: nassau to eleuthera

Mailboats are VERY slow from what I've read. A real waste of your time besides being very boring.

Eleuthera
Level Contributor
2,641 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: nassau to eleuthera

I've made that trip more times than I can count, usually by air, a few times by boat.

I'd say just fly over. You don't save all that much money on the ferry or the mail boat and it takes much longer and often involves a good bit of hassle and unanticipated expense, such as long cab rides, etc., as noted above. And if the seas are a bit stirred up, it can be really uncomfortable.

The idea of traveling by "mall boat" has that hint of adventure and romance, but it wears off after about 10 minutes aboard. Check SouthernAir and Pineapple Air from Nassau to Eleuthera, both are pretty reliable.

Enjoy the trip ...

5. Re: nassau to eleuthera

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 11:16
Get answers to your questions about Eleuthera