We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pineapple Fields and restaurants

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Level Contributor
146 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Pineapple Fields and restaurants

Are there any restaurants within walking distance from Pineapple Fields? (Obviously not including Tippy's and the Deli.) Also, can you walk all the way down to the old Club Med?

King of Prussia...
Level Contributor
306 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pineapple Fields and restaurants

The answer is technically yes, but you really need to rent a car. I am not a big fan of crossing the Banks Road at night let alone walking along it. It is a dark, winding, narrow road when the sun goes down. You could walk to the Beach House (2 km.) "Downtown" Governor's Harbour is 5 km, so you could make it to the Buccaneer Club, Pammy's Takeaway (but where would you take it?) and the Blue Room. But then you would miss out on The Sunset Inn and so many other nice places. Do yourself a huge favor and rent a car.

(I measured the distances one day after reading about a house that is 1 km south from Tippy's and they were claiming it was just a short walk to Governor's Harbour.)

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Level Contributor
146 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pineapple Fields and restaurants

We are definitely renting a car. I was thinking more of a long walk on the beach to someplace for drinks and lunch and then back to Pineapple Fields.

King of Prussia...
Level Contributor
306 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pineapple Fields and restaurants

Then it sounds like the Beach House would be just the thing! Have a good time!

Washington DC...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Pineapple Fields and restaurants

We are staying on French Leave Beach (the old Club Med beach) in a rental next week. I am SO concerned that everything in terms of restaurants is going to be closed since it's September. Does anyone know if this is a legitimate concern?? Do you know what is/isn't open? Thanks!

Patrick, South...
Destination Expert
for Eleuthera
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pineapple Fields and restaurants

Hi Hoopes21, Sorry to say that yes, it is a concern. This is from the B4U forum- Beach House,Tippys, Sky Beach & Rainbow Inn are closed in Sept. There may well be many more closed as it is slow season. Also with clean up still going on due to Irene there may be some closed that would normally be open. Not sure of what is open but the pickings will be very slim.

6. Re: Pineapple Fields and restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2012, 21:16