We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental car on Eleuthera - who is reliable?

Austin
5 posts
Save Topic
Rental car on Eleuthera - who is reliable?

I have been in touch with a business named Earco Elite Co. Ltd. (Gateway Service)....and a man there named McClain Pinder. They are located right outside of the Governor's Harbor airport. Has anyone used this group to rent a car? Are they reliable? If not - does anyone have a reliable rental car group they'd recommend for the GHB airport?

Thanks!

Windsor, Canada
Destination Expert
for Eleuthera
Level Contributor
1,949 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Rental car on Eleuthera - who is reliable?

I have not dealt with McClain Pinder but I have seen a few reviews from people who have and they have mostly been positive. Most of the cars rented on the island are older sedans rented by locals, so you won't get the reliability and cleanliness that you are probably used to. Many locals will drop a car off for you at GHB. You get the keys, they get a wad of cash, and there is no paperwork.

Gastonia, North...
Level Contributor
3,567 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rental car on Eleuthera - who is reliable?

Clinton Knowles 242-332-1080

Also Israel Johnson - sorry can't find his # at the moment

Windsor, Canada
Destination Expert
for Eleuthera
Level Contributor
1,949 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Rental car on Eleuthera - who is reliable?

Israel is a great fellow, I cam send you his email if you send me a PM.

Eleuthera
Level Contributor
2,630 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rental car on Eleuthera - who is reliable?

Naaman Rolle is also highly reliable. Works at the airport, friendly and honest. E-mail: banro2@batelnet.bs

Ontario
Level Contributor
331 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rental car on Eleuthera - who is reliable?

I have dealt with McClain Pinder, Naaman Rolle, and Edgar Gardiner. All were very good to deal with. The vehicle that I rented from McClain was a 2006 Ford Ecosport. It was in great condition (which can be a nice surprise in Eleuthera), the AC worked, the steering was tight, the headlights pointed in the same direction, and it was great on gas. It was manual transmission, however I believe he has 2 Ecosports (among other vehicles) if you need an automatic. I'll rent from him again in the future.

Tallahassee, Florida
Level Contributor
1,148 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rental car on Eleuthera - who is reliable?

We rented from McClain Pinder in October. His office is steps from the terminal which was nice. We never actually met him as his nephew helped us. I have forgotten his name, but he was very nice. Everything was fine except we were promised an SUV but he gave us a minivan. My husband did not want to make a fuss about it so we took the van. It turned out we liked having all the space and the side sliding doors were convenient for loading the cooler and all the stuff. The van was older but it seemed newer than it was. We did have to fill out paperwork and show a driver's license. Just thought I'd mention that since so many have written that there is no paperwork for rental cars on Eleuthera.

Winston Salem...
Level Contributor
14 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rental car on Eleuthera - who is reliable?

We just rented from Naaman Thanksgiving week. Nice guy. Had a car waiting for us at N. Eleuthera airport

Austin
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Rental car on Eleuthera - who is reliable?

Windsordave - can you send me an e-mail for Israel...to contact him about a rental car? I can't call international on any of my phones at the moment.

Thanks a bunch for your help! ~Austin Tex-Gal

Windsor, Canada
Destination Expert
for Eleuthera
Level Contributor
1,949 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Rental car on Eleuthera - who is reliable?

Just sent you a PM with Israel's email address.

10. Re: Rental car on Eleuthera - who is reliable?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2012, 02:11
Get answers to your questions about Eleuthera
Recent Conversations