We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reef fishing

buffalo,ny
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Topic
Reef fishing

We will be near palmetto point last week in feb looking to do a little reef fishing.If anyone knows a guide and aprox cost thanks

Missoula, Montana
Level Contributor
175 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reef fishing

We used Paul Petty, who to took us reef and deep sea fishing in 2010 (and bone-fishing in 2011). We went out of Savannah Sound, but I think he goes anywhere in the area where he knows the fishing is good. He is a really great guide and we had a incredible time.

Eleuthera tours also does reef fishing, out of Cape Eleuthera. We have not used them before but they are highly recommended.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reef fishing

How can I get in touch with Mr Petty? Is there an email or only the phone 242-332-2963?

Also do you guys have any captains to recommend near Gregory Town & Rainbow Bay?

Windsor, Canada
Destination Expert
for Eleuthera
Level Contributor
1,895 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Reef fishing

Chokeman, we recently had a renter who had the Rainbow Inn arrange for a half day charter with Captain Z out of Gregory Town. They were very happy with the fishing. You can contact Zev at the Inn.

Missoula, Montana
Level Contributor
175 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reef fishing

We just called Paul Petty. I don't think he does email. That is the same number I have so hopefully it is still good.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reef fishing

Thanks a lot guys! Will contact both!

Newport, Rhode...
Level Contributor
330 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Reef fishing

We went fishing with a charter out of cape eleuthera and the reef fishing was cosmic . Like 400 for half day on a 20 foot center console. Trolled for awhile and then lit up the reef. I think eleuthera tours just does hand lining.

Patrick, South...
Destination Expert
for Eleuthera
Level Contributor
1,571 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Reef fishing

nycnyc12, do you remember who you went with? Might be good info for others?

Newport, Rhode...
Level Contributor
330 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Reef fishing

I don't. It was through the outfitter there at cape. Really great experience though

Newport, Rhode...
Level Contributor
330 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Reef fishing

I think it was capt Leon

Patrick, South...
Destination Expert
for Eleuthera
Level Contributor
1,571 posts