We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Endless Summer Double Bay snorkeling?

daisytown
Level Contributor
636 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Endless Summer Double Bay snorkeling?

We are heading to Eleuthera in 11 weeks for our second trip. Staying this time in Double Bay at a house called Endless Summer. Owner of the house not a snorkeler so cannot give me any info on how it is at this location. Any chance anyone has stayed there and can comment. Cannot wait.

Nancy

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
12 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Endless Summer Double Bay snorkeling?

Nancy, Double bay is great, especially at the far end where the beach ends. We didn't get to snorkel there on our last trip because the Atlantic side was way too rough. But I learned to snorkel in Double Bay when I was a child. I visited the new owners of the house we stayed in (they live there year round) and they said the snorkeling is amazing. Have fun!

daisytown
Level Contributor
636 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Endless Summer Double Bay snorkeling?

Does anyone know how long Double Bay beach is?

King of Prussia...
Level Contributor
306 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Endless Summer Double Bay snorkeling?

It's big and beautiful. Here is a link with maps to give you and idea. We have been to your Endless Summer several times now. You will not be disappointed.

http://www.eleuthera.com/double.html

Temple Texas
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Endless Summer Double Bay snorkeling?

The best snorkeling is located off the beaches below Double Bay in North Palmetto Point section where you will find many easy to reach offshore reefs.

Double Bay beach is about 1 1/2 miles long or better

The southern end of the Double Bay offers some snorkeling and an old sunken boat used to be off shore but dont know if its still there after the hurricane last year however.

Good Sandy Beach but snorkeling at southern end only (Endless Summer)sets in the middle of Double Bay_

Have fun

daisytown
Level Contributor
636 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Endless Summer Double Bay snorkeling?

How do you get to beach at North Palmetto? Public access?

Nancy

6. Re: Endless Summer Double Bay snorkeling?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 01:42