We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Palms, North Palmetto Point

CA
1 post
Save Topic
Blue Palms, North Palmetto Point

My family recently returned from Blue Palms and we couldn’t be happier. We honeymooned there nearly 4 years ago and it was paradise then, but we were really pleased with the upgrades that the owners have done since then. We can tell that the house is not just a rental for the owners because of the attention to detail. For example, since our last visit the pool furniture has been upgraded, the landscaping is more lush, there is a paved walkway to the beach (it has cut out shells in it!), and there are new/more kitchen things for cooking and eating. We brought our son, who was 10 months at the time, and we were pleased with how well equipped the house was for a baby. We were impressed with how well the place has been maintained in the past 4 years, and the house was super clean- I felt totally fine letting our son crawl all over and touch everything. Blue Palms has a caretaker, Mercy, and she and her husband were great-they couldn’t have been more helpful or attentive. It’s nice to know when you’re so far from home that there’s someone you can count on. As far as thing to do, we like Eleuthera because there isn’t that much to do- that’s the draw. The pool at Blue Palms was great! We went to different beaches, but found Blue Palms had the best easy access snorkeling and the kayak, so we stayed “home” a lot. Ten Bay was perfect for the baby. We also went to a few restaurants, and we would recommend Tippy’s and Sky Beach. And definitely check out the Friday night fish fry. All in all, we had a fabulous time at Blue Palms and we can’t wait to come back!

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
228 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue Palms, North Palmetto Point

So happy to hear that! I have had Blue Palms booked for over 2 years for next month and I cannot wait to go! Can I send you a message with some specific questions?

Glad you had a great time!

New York
Level Contributor
611 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blue Palms, North Palmetto Point

So glad to hear you had a great time in Eleuthera and Blue Palms. We stayed there w/my family or 5 adults in Feb. '09 and felt the same way you did. Everything and everyone was just fantastic! Maria ( owner) and Mercy and her husband( caretaker)were so helpful and responsive.

The home and pool had it all and the beach in front was perfect for snorkeling. We've felt that for all that you get - new 4 bedroom/2 bath beachfront home with heated pool, Blue Palms is THE BEST DEAL ever! But from your update, it seems they've added even more amenities - thiw would make this home "A REAL STEAL".

We'd rent Blue Palms again for next winter, but we need 5 bedrms next time as we will have 8 adults.

Reading such great stories keeps me warm during Feb/March winters in the NE

Thanks for sharing!

buffalo,ny
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Blue Palms, North Palmetto Point

Hi we also just returned just wondering what days you were there and your comments about the pool? thanks

Geneva
Level Contributor
4 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Blue Palms, North Palmetto Point

Hello!

There aren't any pictures of the 2 twin bedrooms...how are they? Additionally, we are from Upstate New York and are wondering where to fly into to stay at Blue Palms?

Are there any safety issues we should be aware of?

Thanks!

Jackie

Geneva
Level Contributor
4 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Blue Palms, North Palmetto Point

Hello!

There aren't any pictures of the 2 twin bedrooms...how are they? Additionally, we are from Upstate New York and are wondering where to fly into to stay at Blue Palms?

Are there any safety issues we should be aware of?

Thanks!

Jackie

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
228 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Blue Palms, North Palmetto Point

Hello!

We are going next month but there are pictures of all the bedrooms on this site:

http://www.bluepalms.info

We found it easier (connection wise) and cheaper to fly into ELH (North Eleuthera) instead of GHB (Governor's Harbor) although GHB is much closer to the house. Our car rental guy is leaving our car at ELH for no extra fees and we plan on enjoying the drive to the house.

New York
Level Contributor
611 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Blue Palms, North Palmetto Point

We may have photos of all the bedrms from our stay inJan/Feb 2009. I will have to look and send if I have them.

We live in NYC and we found that best flights are out of Newark to Ft flew Ft. Lauderdale to Gov Harbour. Prior to this "09 trip we stayed at another home in N.Palmetto Pt, we flew in N Eleuthera and it was much longer drive and had less flights.

Hope this helps.

New York
Level Contributor
611 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Blue Palms, North Palmetto Point

Sebrecht is right! The Blue Palms site has photos of all bedrms and they are exactly as it.

http://www.bluepalms.info/

The 2 bedrms with twins face the back ( driveway side - face west) and each share a nice bath with the 2 front/ocean-facing master bedrms. These twin bedrms are lovely but have bit less ventilation as it does not face the ocean. But it was fine and no complaints. There is central a/c but dont think we used it in Jan/Feb.

buffalo,ny
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Blue Palms, North Palmetto Point

Just wondering why nobody responded to us about our post? We were at blue palms feb 26 2012 to what was supposed to be mar 4 2012 but we left a day early for many reasons! I am ready to vent... This house was a disaster! No pool, broke for 4 weeks prior and including our week there. Along with no landline,Internet as we we're promised. Telescope,shower,toilet broke and filthy conditions. Fresh blood and what appeared to be urine on master bedroom linens, list goes on! We are so disappointed, when we complained we were offered only $400 for our troubles and that was a chore especially when beautiful houses down the road are 1/2 the cost(where we stayed in past).The pool was unusable why did we pay double for a nonfunctional selling point?! We rent houses on these islands frequently,NEVER had issues like this. The owner sent us a confirmation 5 days prior to arrival telling us not to tamper with the pool heat, that's a joke especially when the pool cleaner told us he has to "make an appearance" to stir up a layer of dead matter and chemicals off the bottom of the pool to get paid, leaving a 24 hr vanilla milkshake! Beware pictures and people lie! Needless to say we left a day early to go to Atlantis, beautiful resort with clean rooms and functioning pools. Hope this helps with your rental decisions! If you would like pics of the house when we were there PM us, we will be glad to forward pics of our week of disgust! Your friends from snowy buffalo, ny

Edited: 25 April 2012, 00:57
buffalo,ny
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Blue Palms, North Palmetto Point

Just 1 more thing, the posts that started this column have to be friends of the owners or got a free vaca there! Maria hope your reading this,people invest a lot into vacations including us! For the price you command for this home please make sure it is perfect every rental PLEASE!!!!!