We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

North Eleuthera Airport to Governor's Harbour

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Topic
North Eleuthera Airport to Governor's Harbour

Hi there -

I was wondering if anyone could give me infornation on transport options to get from North Eleuthera Airport to (a hotel in) Governor's Harbour? Most importantly, costs!

Thanks very much!

Missoula, Montana
Level Contributor
176 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: North Eleuthera Airport to Governor's Harbour

If you are renting a car, which you really should consider, they will have it ready for you at the North Eleuthera Airport. If you decide not to rent a car for your trip, your other option is to take a taxi which will probably cost you over $100 to get to Governors Harbor from ELH.

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: North Eleuthera Airport to Governor's Harbour

Thanks, yes we are definitely looking at renting a car - but do you (or anyone) have any information about where I could get quotes for this etc? (so we can factor it in to our budget...)

Thanks!

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
5,049 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: North Eleuthera Airport to Governor's Harbour

If you are flying in and out of North Eleuthera, then it's probably best to rent a car. There are a number of rental options in the list below. Renting from those near North Eleutera will mean not paying a drop off/delivery charge. Rentals average $50-$60 per day, and do not include gas, which is currently $5.85 per gallon. Depending on where you are staying in Governor's Harbour, having a vehicle to get around is probably the best option, unless you have no plans to sightsee beyong your hotel. If you are right in Governor's Harbour itself, most everything is within easy walking distance (grocery, liquor, souvenir, petrol station, bank and ATM/cash point machines, library)

If you choose not to rent a car for the duration of your stay, or just for a few days, you can opt to take a taxi from North Eleuthera to GH. It is about 45 miles and will cost around $100. Another option woudl be to rent a car in North Eleuthera, then ask the rental operator to collect it from you when you are done in Governor's Harbour, you may have to pay a $40 or so drop off fee.

Is there a reason you have chosen to go to North Eluethera, rather than flying in to the Governor's Habour airport, which is only 8 miles from town?

Stanton Cooper (Governors Harbour): 242.359.7007 (have used him and would recommend)

Naaman Rolle 242.359.7166 (near North Eleuthera)

Tracy Williams 242.554.5892

Arthur Nixon (Governors Harbour) 242.332.2568

Hilton Johnson (James Cistern): 242.359.7585

Tommy Pinder (Governor's Harbour) 242.332.2568, 242.332.6711

Cecil Cooper 242.332.1620

Dwight Pinder 242.332.2223

Lawrence Griffin 242.332.2077 / 242.332.2087

Butch Johnson 242.332.2648

Israel Johnson 242.335.6283

Cash's 242.335.1096 (Lower Bogue - near North Eleuthera airport)

New York
Level Contributor
611 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: North Eleuthera Airport to Governor's Harbour

If you can get flight to Gov Harbor , it would be better as others have said. Rental is best -cheaper& more convenient/flexible ESP if you want to see any of many beautiful parts of Eleuthera/ beaches.

We've rented w/ Stanton Cooper and we recommend him highly. His number is listed w/other reader.

Good luck.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,592 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: North Eleuthera Airport to Governor's Harbour

To rent a car in North Eleuthera, call Fred, Fine Threads, Neely. He gave great service when I rented a car for the day from him. His e-mail address is

fredrickakafinethreads@hotmail.com

His phone number is: 1-242 359-7780

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: North Eleuthera Airport to Governor's Harbour

Thanks everyone for your responses!

We would definitely prefer to flyi to Governor's Harbour, but I have found it really difficult to find flights? I have been using expedia mainly, and they seem to be all via 2-3 stops!!!

Does anyone know if there are flights direct from Miami to Governor's Harbour? (and if so, what airline or the best search engine to look for these?)

Also, does Stanton Cooper have an email address, if we do go down the rental route?

Thanks very much :-)

Windsor, Canada
Destination Expert
for Eleuthera
Level Contributor
2,004 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: North Eleuthera Airport to Governor's Harbour

American stopped flying MIA-GHB and I don't think anyone flies that route now. You can fly non-stop FLL-GHB on Continental or Twin Air. If the flight MIA-ELH works well for you I would just book it. The drive is not a big deal and you can easily get a car dropped at ELH.

I don't have an email for Stanton Cooper but I do have emails for Israel Johnson and Byron Rolle, both of whom I have rented from. Israel will drop a car at ELH for $30 and then charge $50 a day rental.

Virginia
Level Contributor
161 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: North Eleuthera Airport to Governor's Harbour

e -mail for stanton Cooper

stantoncooper_620@hotmail.com

we have used his services a number of times and have been happy.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
49 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: North Eleuthera Airport to Governor's Harbour

Hi, great info on here regarding rental cars by the way. just wondering about flying into Rocksound Airport ( coming from Georgetown, Exuma ) and getting a rental picked up there? Have contacted one of the people who rent off of Hut pointe's reference list (awesome list) and thought at the time we would be flying into GGH, and could pick up there, however there seems to be a direct flight from GGT to RSD in the early am, which would be great to avoid the Nassau connection. My question is: would there be an additional charge for pickup at Rocksound, I know about the extra $30 drop off when you leave ( we are flying out of North Eleuthera ) . Thanks for any info.

10. Re: North Eleuthera Airport to Governor's Harbour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 13:40
Get answers to your questions about Eleuthera