We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any last minute tips

Level Contributor
34 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Any last minute tips

Hey I will be arriving this Sunday for a week long stay..I have been reading this Forum for about a year so I think I am pretty much prepared but wanted to ask for any last minute tips or places to visit, eat, drink etc next week!!!

Eleuthera
Level Contributor
2,575 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any last minute tips

Relax and have fun ... and start planning a return visit.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
45 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any last minute tips

Don't try to see every beach in a week. You just might find that the beach in front of your rental is private and changing everyday!

Westfield...
Level Contributor
179 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any last minute tips

Make sure you have some Kalik's and sunsets for us.

Key Largo, Florida
Level Contributor
48 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any last minute tips

Have a great time, don't forget to try the cracked conch with the Kalik.

Patrick, South...
Destination Expert
for Eleuthera
Level Contributor
1,623 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any last minute tips

Hi purple moon, first of all have a great time and chill! Second, less clothes & more money, sell the clothes! Just have a wonderful time & I don't know if you'll get the DIF but, if you do, you get it! Safe & happy travels, sas

Save Reply
6. Re: Any last minute tips

Bring a fair amount of money the cab drivers are going to pinch you the restarants and young adults with free item (wrist bands and necklaces) for tourist but want donatings also depending if you stay in resort you going to pay triple for everything but if you don't care then have it your way If your trying to save money go to the local market and get drinks for your stay minor snacks and fruit Put it this way for every 20 bucks you spend at market you save 40 extra dollars

Save Reply
7. Re: Any last minute tips

Bring a fair amount of money the cab drivers are going to pinch you the restarants and young adults with free item (wrist bands and necklaces) for tourist but want donatings also depending if you stay in resort you going to pay triple for everything but if you don't care then have it your way If your trying to save money go to the local market and get drinks for your stay minor snacks and fruit Put it this way for every 20 bucks you spend at market you save 40 extra dollars

Windsor, Canada
Destination Expert
for Eleuthera
Level Contributor
1,916 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Any last minute tips

Kingsrborn2bless, you must have wandered over to the out islands forum from the Nassau forum by mistake. Thankfully you don't have to worry about any of those things on Eleuthera.

My last minute tip would be to relax and not try to do or see too much.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Any last minute tips

Would you mind posting your experiences when you return? We will be going for our first trip at the end of September are wondering what's open and just how quiet the island is. Have a great time!

Boston...
6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Any last minute tips

www.bahamas4u.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8

There is another forum related to Eleuthera.. see link above..

I recognize some of the names from both this forum and Bahamas4u.com

EIther way ... Chill and enjoy ...

Greg O