We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is cocodimama closed???

RI
Level Contributor
117 posts
Save Topic
is cocodimama closed???

I just read on discover-eleuthera that Cocodimama was closing on September 3, 2012 for at least a year for major renovations?!

Eleuthera
Level Contributor
2,444 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is cocodimama closed???

True. Expansion/renovations expected to take more than a year.

RI
Level Contributor
117 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: is cocodimama closed???

oh dear! I was so looking forward to my "delayed-flight-kalik" in April!!

Eleuthera
Level Contributor
2,444 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: is cocodimama closed???

There's a bar at the airport. Bottoms up.

RI
Level Contributor
117 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: is cocodimama closed???

Not quite the same. Actually, we are looking into chartering with SUN AIR to Rock Sound because we have a large group. So maybe, by the time we travel back again alone, cocodimama will be open again.

Eleuthera
Level Contributor
52 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: is cocodimama closed???

According to Sun Air site there are no flights to Rock Sound right now

it has rock sound in the pull down menu but are not posting a schedule

You may want to try calling them to see if they are or will be servicing Rock Sound soon and on what days.

Also if you find out maybe you could post where they fly out from in Lauderdale ( the main terminal and which one l or the annex)

RI
Level Contributor
117 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: is cocodimama closed???

We did speak to them on Friday. I believe they fly out of the annex at FLL (is that where the commuter/executive planes are)? The verbal quote for a charter is about 3,000. for 6 adults and two lap babies. Which is a fantastic price!! We asked for a formal quote which they said they would follow up with us on Monday.

We asked for a Sat to Sat flight to RSD. We will be staying at Double Bay and figured its about the same drive as GHB. It also will give us the opportunity to shop in Rock Sound for Abaco Chickens and a stop off in Tarpum Bay for fresh fish.

I will post the official quote after I hear from them tomorrow. I hope its as good as they say with no other fees. What a great new option this would be for getting to the island!

RI
Level Contributor
117 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: is cocodimama closed???

So no reply back from Ana at sun air. I gave a follow up call on Monday. She said she would call back today. I called at noon time she said she hadn't finished the quote and would call me in two hours. It's almost eight hours now.

We did get a decent quote from BahamaExpress. Does anyone have an opinion about them? Waiting to hear back from Dave leBlanc at twin air tomorrow.

Just realized I should copy this to my original sun air question inthe forum so please excuse the repeat.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
6 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: is cocodimama closed???

I stumbled upon this topic while searching the web for reasons my mails to Cocodimama reservation info remain unanswered. I was so happy to finally find a quiet and nice but also affordable place to spend our honeymoon so this is no good news for our plans. Can anyone recommend another spot like this which is not so crowded and for which we do not have to sell our house to stay for one week?

Windsor, Canada
Destination Expert
for Eleuthera
Level Contributor
1,863 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: is cocodimama closed???

Look into Sky Beach, Pineapple Fields and Rainbow Inn, or consider a house rental. None of these are the same as Cocodimama, but you don't have to worry about crowds anywhere on Eleuthera.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
6 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: is cocodimama closed???

Thanks for replying. I've checked out each of the suggested locations and they might all be worth visiting. in the meantime it turns out getting to Eluethera and back to miami to catch our flight back home to Germany seems to be the bigger problem ...

I was advised to check out Twin Air, but they do not provide a schedule as far as i can see.