We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need help!

Lockport, New York
Level Contributor
22 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
need help!

Okay here's my problem. First time in the out islands. Am looking for a rental on the Caribbean side on the beach or as close as possible around $1000 to $1200.00 for the week. Dates: 2/22/13-3/2/13. Prefer 1-2 bedrooms, 1 bath, tv,dvd,nice kitchen, screened in porch and outdoor grill. Am I asking too much ? SAS and Windsordave have been great but I fear I am wearing them out so I plead for help from other TA contributors. Thanks

Newport, Rhode...
Level Contributor
330 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: need help!

Try serenity cove ten bay. I think price might be close

King of Prussia...
Level Contributor
306 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: need help!

Sea Dreams is in your price range on Ten Bay Beach. You have to climb down to the water.

Amori House is a bit over at $1,700. but it is a beauty directly on Ten Bay Beach.

You can do a search on Homeaway. Both look open in your time frame.

I have not been inside either, but from the outside they look great. The beach there is wonderful. February is a bit chilly though.

Lockport, New York
Level Contributor
22 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: need help!

Thanks so much nycnyc12 and GLDawson for your imput. Serenity Cove and Sea Dreams are definitely on my short list. One question is Ten Bay a swimmer friendly beach? Sand bottom not coral? No steep drop offs?

King of Prussia...
Level Contributor
306 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: need help!

Swimmer friendly? Just wait until you see Ten Bay Beach. You can walk out forever in the shallow water before you can dunk yourself. No drop offs. Soft sand all the way. I want to go there now.

Ontario
Level Contributor
312 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: need help!

Ten Bay is the most swimmer friendly beach I have ever come across. Ten Bay, at low tide, when it's free of seaweed / seagrass will leave you in awe. It's different every time I see it. It's my favourite. I posted this about Ten Bay... …tumblr.com/post/17251593013/walking-on-wate…

Newport, Rhode...
Level Contributor
330 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: need help!

This is one of those beaches where you see someone in a beach chair way out in the water just sitting reading a book in the middle of paradise

Edited: 11 November 2012, 17:16
Lockport, New York
Level Contributor
22 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: need help!

This sounds like heaven! Looking at Seadreams right now.Beautiful property and the price is right. Ten Bay sounds so relaxing and uncomplicated. Thanks for all your imput.

Edited: 12 November 2012, 19:16
Bend,OR
Level Contributor
245 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: need help!

SeaDreams (ten bay) has no screened porch and the BBQ is in not in the best shape (the salt air is hard on them); otherwise it is a good choice for the money. It has one bedroom and a sofa bed. If you plan on doing a fair amount of cooking or any cooking that requires special equipment you may be disappointed with the kitchen. The beach is beautiful, the house location is great. The owner is good to work with.

Another choice is Seascape in Rainbow Bay. It is the closest house to the gorgeous caribbean side beach. 2 bedrm, 1 bath, kitchen, living..the price is similar to Sea Dreams. It does not have a screened porch or gas BBQ. The kitchen is bigger and better equipped than Sea Dreams. The owner is pleasant to work with. I have stayed in both and would recommend either.

Lockport, New York
Level Contributor
22 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: need help!

Just when I think I have it all figured out!!! Thanks so much for your heads up centraloregon. I am indeed looking for something that has a decent kitchen and equipment. My hubby has some diet restrictions and we tend not to eat out more then a couple times a week. If anyone has anymore tips to help us decide PLEASE send them. We need all the help we can get from those who know.

Newport, Rhode...
Level Contributor
330 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: need help!

Serenity has a good kitchen