We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private Chef Eleuthra

Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Private Chef Eleuthra

Hello All

My family will be traveling to Eleuthra in May to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. We will be renting a bill in Governors Harbor and was hoping we could hire a private chef. Anyone have any they could reccomend and no they're prices? Your help is much appreciated.

Aja

Fort Lauderdale...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Private Chef Eleuthra

Resided there for years....may call Coco di Mama's as they run a decent restaurant and may have suggestions. There are really no other decent restaurants in and around GH.....a few beach bar types like Tippy's, Beach House, and Sky Beach. So if no luck, you'd then have to call over to Harbour Island to Pink Sands and Coral Sands resorts asking them. Grasping for straws, but this is the situation in those parts.

Edited: 24 December 2012, 14:17
Eleuthera
Level Contributor
2,524 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private Chef Eleuthra

Coco di Mama is closed for expansion/renovation. The chef, Paolo, has moved on. Recommend you contact Ann Bethel at Island Farm in Palmetto Point, she might know of someone.

Patrick, South...
Destination Expert
for Eleuthera
Level Contributor
1,571 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Private Chef Eleuthra

Hi Aja, not sure what type of food your looking for but besides contacting the restaurants in the area you may want to either email or call the tourism office jhgibson@bahamas.com 242-332-2142 or 242-332-2145 , this is the info I found just doing a search so hopefully is current. You could also ask upon your arrival (which i'm assuming is GHB) , someone may have some ideas for you. Your homeowner, if you haven't asked them, is also a good source as I see they do offer housekeeping. There are also take-aways you could contact while there to set something up with them.

Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Private Chef Eleuthra

Thanks Eveyone!

DCA
Level Contributor
227 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Private Chef Eleuthra

Richview (across the street from Lush Life) lists Missy Adams 242-554-690 as a cook/caterer.

Eleuthera
Level Contributor
2,524 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Private Chef Eleuthra

Missy Adams has left the island.

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
513 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Private Chef Eleuthra

Since you are renting Lush Life, I suggest you contact the owner/agent for advice. I would think a villa like that has had more than a few guests with a request like yours. At a minimum they should be able to give you some direction.

Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Private Chef Eleuthra

Thank you! I did contact the PM and he has provided me with several names. Thanks everyone for taking the time to respond.

Patrick, South...
Destination Expert
for Eleuthera
Level Contributor
1,571 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Private Chef Eleuthra

Echristaj1, would you mind posting about what you have found for a private chef? It will help future posters looking for the same to do a search. Happy New Year & Thank You! Cheers

New York
Level Contributor
611 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Private Chef Eleuthra

Hi,

We are interested in hiring a chef/cook for several meals during our stay in the end of Feb. I was going to start the research on this. But if you can share the name and contact info for chefs/cooks you've located, I 'd really appreciate it.

Thanks and enjoy your vacation!