We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pink Sands or Poponi Beach??

Natchitoches...
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Pink Sands or Poponi Beach??

Hi there!! My husband and I went to Eleuthera last June and completely fell in love. We stayed at Tropical Heights which was PERFECT!! We wanted complete privacy. It was just wonderful. However, it is taken the week we need in June this year. Is there another home that offers that amount of privacy? What about Pink Sands or Poponi Beach? Or others? Thanks so much!!

Eleuthera
Level Contributor
2,524 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pink Sands or Poponi Beach??

I have a bit of a prejudice about Poponi Beach, as my wife and I own the old estate that it's named after. (The original house there was built nearly 70 years ago, but the "Poponi" name didn't come along until the late 1960's or early 70's.)

If you have any questions, please PM me or contact me via the e-mail link at www.poponi.com ... don't wanna violate any T/A rules by talking up our own property on the board ...

Pink Sands is very nice, too, but I'm also prejudiced there as the owners are friends of ours.

Tallahassee, Florida
Level Contributor
945 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pink Sands or Poponi Beach??

The beach at Poponi is BEAUTIFUL! The grounds were very pretty from what I could see. Very lush. I can't day for sure about privacy. Excellent location. I heard the owner is a nice guy! :)

Windsor, Canada
Destination Expert
for Eleuthera
Level Contributor
1,895 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Pink Sands or Poponi Beach??

We just drove up the road to Poponi a couple of days ago and it is a beautiful spot. I have not been to Pink Sands so I can't compare the two.

Dave does a lot to help visitors with questions about Eleuthera, so I suppose I should admit to some bias as well.

Edited: 07 January 2013, 16:59
Eleuthera
Level Contributor
2,524 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pink Sands or Poponi Beach??

Aw shucks ... y'all are too nice.

WD, did you get the PM I sent you about your questions about our privacy hedge? If not, lemme know, I'll re-send ...

Best to all ...

d.

Patrick, South...
Destination Expert
for Eleuthera
Level Contributor
1,570 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pink Sands or Poponi Beach??

I do hope you 2 dave's have gotten to meet, two better men there aren't!

As far as Poponi is concerned, absolutely beautiful, the grounds & the beach.

Cheers

Virginia
Level Contributor
166 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Pink Sands or Poponi Beach??

I've never been to Tropical Heights, just looked at it on Google Earth, but you might have a hard time matching if for "complete privacy" as you described it. I've stayed at Blue Palms which is just to the north of Pink Sands I believe. Not saying that you would see many people but I would guess you would have occasional people walking by, like we did from Blue Palms and the other rental houses in the area that share that section of beach. No knowledge of Poponi and have only walked by Pink Sand so only commenting on the privacy part you mentioned.

Natchitoches...
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Pink Sands or Poponi Beach??

Bump... :-)

8. Re: Pink Sands or Poponi Beach??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2014, 07:17