We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Back from our amazing stay at Island Breeze, see video!!

Gainesville, Florida
Level Contributor
21 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Back from our amazing stay at Island Breeze, see video!!

http://youtu.be/cGyE7EIdmgI

We had THE best time in Eleuthera, so much to see and do. It was heavenly. Our house was located just south of Tippy's in North Palmeto Point and the beach access was amazing, private decks, beautiful safe steps (can't tell you how many scarey steps I noticed from other homes, eeeek!) The house was spotless, bed was beautiful with an on suite living area and wifi never had any issues, even though I secretly wished it did so my hubby would stop working :/

We stayed for a week at Island Breeze, the house was easy to access, stocked with many unexpected household supplies, including sunscreen, bug spray, hair spray etc. The bed was comfy and provided extra blankets if needed, there are several fans but the ocean breeze does a very good job of keeping the house cool. The location to the beach is spectacular! Many times during our stay we just wondered down to the beach for stroll. Cruise ships passing at night are a huge hit with us and traffic on the road is near non-existent.

Our activities included, multiple trips to area beaches, my advice is to get out and drive. if you see a path you want to explore... do it. You will be surprised at the beauty at teach turn.

Our personal recommendations for dinner would be from favorite to least: The Beach House, Banks Road North of Tippy's Pascal's at Four Points Marina, North of Rock Sound on Queens Hwy Laughing Lizard, Gregorytown on Queens Hwy Tippy's, Banks Road Rainbow Inn, Rainbow Bay on Queens Hwy Sky Beach Club, Governors Harbour

Things to do... if you want to get out and see Eleuthera's best then we suggest you make Donald and Kristel your first stop with Eleuthera Tours, then make arrangements with Kelly at Oceanview Farm to ride along the beach, Fish Fry on Friday is a must and then the rest is up to you to discover. We are thankful to have a safe, clean and central location to call ours for the week.

Patrick, South...
Destination Expert
for Eleuthera
Level Contributor
1,536 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Back from our amazing stay at Island Breeze, see video!!

Great video, really loved it & that you both had a wonderful time! I did get some useful info from you, Thank You! Cheers

Toronto
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Back from our amazing stay at Island Breeze, see video!!

Thanks for the review. My BF and I are heading to a cottage on North Palmetto this coming weekend. How was the weather during your stay? Was it cooler since you guys were on the Atlantic side? I have been to Eleuthera a few other times and I found this to me the case most times. Our cottage has an Atlantic and Caribbean exposure. How was the water temp for swimming?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
120 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Back from our amazing stay at Island Breeze, see video!!

Great video!

Gainesville, Florida
Level Contributor
21 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Back from our amazing stay at Island Breeze, see video!!

The weather was great! Warm not hot, made for perfect beach chair weather. Take advantage of the poop deck and just chill! Take the hammock and sleep away :) temperatures don't flex from other sides of the island, just ones a little more windy. Water temps where ok, it really varies from each beach and time of day. We packed wet suit shirts just in case and only used them once. Enjoy and happy travels!!!

Gastonia, North...
Level Contributor
3,359 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Back from our amazing stay at Island Breeze, see video!!

nice pics, thanks for sharing. Regarding the fishing, did you release of the fish, especially the shark?

6. Re: Back from our amazing stay at Island Breeze, see video!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2014, 07:16