We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pineapple Fest

Eleuthera
Level Contributor
359 posts
Save Topic
Pineapple Fest

Good morning to y'all, just wanted to let some of the tourists know that the pineapple season is HERE!! Hallelujah!! And man are they sweet and juicy, also.. the Pineapple Fest will be going on in Gregory Town around June 5th - 9th. Hope to see some of you there, Enjoy!!

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
116 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pineapple Fest

Will be headed down there on Saturday. Where is the best place to buy fresh pineapple?

Eleuthera
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pineapple Fest

Buffett: Where on the island will you be staying? That'll help us point you in the right direction.

Eleuthera
Level Contributor
359 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Pineapple Fest

You can find fresh pineapple at pretty much any grocery store. Enjoy!!

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
116 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pineapple Fest

We are in the Governor's Harbour area...we will check out the stores for pineapples. Thanks!

Windsor, Canada
Destination Expert
for Eleuthera
Level Contributor
1,916 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Pineapple Fest

We seem to have our best luck finding good pineapples at Eleuthera Supply.

Eleuthera
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pineapple Fest

WD is right ... just came back from a grocery run, there were nice pineapples at Eleuthera Supply and at Island Farm. I think Millard's has 'em, too. They're a tad more expensive this season -- but, boy, are they worth it. Some were ripe, some would need a day or two on the window sill.

Besides snackin' right from the fridge, or over vanilla ice cream, I love cookin' with these things ... I just reset this week's menu to include curried grouper with pineapple, and Asian-style stir-fried pork loin with pineapple. They're great on shish-kebabs and in salads, too.

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
227 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Pineapple Fest

OK, booking now, what time is dinner? just need address. Pretty sure I can catch some fresh fish.

But seriously that sounds good.........how about a little lobster salad with grilled pineapple and honey plantains..........or.......wait........ just remembered my favorite, "pineapple duff"

Eleuthera
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pineapple Fest

Bro, you can get here from VaBeach by tomorrow afternoon, I've done it many times. And if you manage it, gimme a yell ... always room in the cast-iron skillet for two more servings!

Love your suggestions, too ... one more I should have added: curried conch with pineapple, fixed *exactly* like the grouper, served over a bed of rice.

And there should be some fine pineapple torts showing up any day now, perfect dessert ... not as great as the duff, but it'll do in a pinch, especially with some ice cream on the side. Mmmm.

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
227 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Pineapple Fest

My wife is in California on business trip, now wouldn't that tee her off........" Honey I'm calling from Eleuthera"

Your alright in my book though!.............enjoy

Gastonia, North...
Level Contributor
3,529 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pineapple Fest

Hi Dave, that all sounds delicious! Do you know if they ship the pineapples to any other islands? Great Exuma or Long Island to exact. Would love to try one this summer.

Have you tried lionfish yet? It's really good. Long Island just had their second lionfish derby and the winning dish was lionfish cakes and lionfish tempura.