We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Departing from GHB

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
105 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Departing from GHB

This is probably a silly question but how early do you have to arrive/check in when departing GHB? Is an hour enough time? We are on a flight to FLL tomorrow at 1:20 and would like to avoid sitting around at the airport. Thanks!

Eleuthera
Level Contributor
359 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Departing from GHB

I would honestly get there 1 1/2 hrs early, sometimes the planes come in early, sometimes they come in late. With there being no major weather in the air, it will most likely come in early. And you dont want to get left behind!! :)

Eleuthera
Level Contributor
359 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Departing from GHB

Continental usually comes in at 12:50, sometimes 1pm. So I would make sure your there by 11:50, just to be sure!! Hope y'all enjoyed your stay on the island!! Come back soon!!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,690 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Departing from GHB

WOW! 1 1/2 hours early 'Ms. Special K'?

GHB is a pretty low key airport. We only arrive an hour before. The majority of home owners, and regulars, arrive 45-30 minutes before.

Of course always check with your airlines the day before for any schedule changes.

Nobody is getting left behind!

Nashville, TN
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,728 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Departing from GHB

I don't know if you can still do this, but we have called the GHB airport to find out how things were running and spoken to the desk at the gate. We usually allow an hour.

Windsor, Canada
Destination Expert
for Eleuthera
Level Contributor
2,129 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Departing from GHB

Just to avoid confusion, Continental stopped flying in 2011. The flights into GHB from FLL are run by Silver Airways which is a regional carrier belonging to United Airlines.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
105 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Departing from GHB

Great, thanks everyone! Wish we could stay longer but will hopefully be back soon.

Eleuthera
Level Contributor
359 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Departing from GHB

Hello everyone, and thank you for that sweet note Chicago Bear!! Ms. "Special K"!!!

Also to WindsorDave, Continental IS Silver Airways.. And they fly into GHB airport everyday!! Hope you made your flight safely!! Enjoy, and come back to us again soon!!

Eleuthera
Level Contributor
2,713 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Departing from GHB

Silver Airways is not Continental. There's reason for the confusion, though.

Silver Airways is an independent regional airline that took over aircraft and routes from the former Gulfstream Airlines after Gulfstream went bankrupt due to a variety of problems -- FAA investigations, large fines, etc.

Gulfstream operated routes under the Continental banner, including the FLL-GHB route; but Silver operates hundreds of code-share routes as United Express in the US and the Bahamas. You book them via United. They have no connection to Continental.

Mentioned in this post
Bahamas
Bahamas
Caribbean
Eleuthera
Level Contributor
359 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Departing from GHB

Oh ok, I made sure to ask Tavares, Dave before I posted that.. so point the finger at him!! LOL

Eleuthera
Level Contributor
359 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Departing from GHB

First it was Continental, then it was United, now its Silver.. they have all merged and bought eachother!! :)

Get answers to your questions about Eleuthera