We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

FYI: American Airlines cancels flights to Eleuthera

Hampden...
Level Contributor
115 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
FYI: American Airlines cancels flights to Eleuthera

So, I researched and planned for my first trip to Eleuthera this October. In January I bought 2 round-trip tickets from Hartford, CT to North Eleuthera on American Airlines, connecting in Miami. Two days ago I got an e-mail from AA saying there was an "itinerary change". My flights to and from Eleuthera were gone! My trip was now just to Miami and back. I promptly called them, and, after 30 minutes on hold I was told that AA will no longer be flying to Eleuthera after August. They said they would refund me (whoop-de-doo). It's a good thing I read that e-mail!

Windsor, Canada
Destination Expert
for Eleuthera
Level Contributor
2,053 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: FYI: American Airlines cancels flights to Eleuthera

American has stopped flying to Eleuthera for the storm season in previous years. Perhaps they are just stopping for a month or two, although it is odd and very inconvenient for them to make this decision so late.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
17 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: FYI: American Airlines cancels flights to Eleuthera

Wow.. I just purchased my tickets a few hours ago! I think I will give AA a call!

nc
Level Contributor
159 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: FYI: American Airlines cancels flights to Eleuthera

We have flight reservations with AA for August to ELH, they have delayed our flights by 30 min. just hoping they don't cancel on us.

Pewaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
180 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: FYI: American Airlines cancels flights to Eleuthera

My flights are still there for November and December.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
121 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: FYI: American Airlines cancels flights to Eleuthera

We are flying in late July from Dallas to Miami and then onto Eleuthera. Noticed last week that our early morning flight was changed by AA to another flight where we only have 45 minutes between planes. Our travel agency says that AA is doing this all over the place.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
743 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: FYI: American Airlines cancels flights to Eleuthera

Yes, this just happened to some of my upcoming guests. They had AA flights booked for late August. Their return flight was cancelled. I believe AA told them they were flying from Eleuthera up to Aug. 26.

St. Augustine...
Level Contributor
49 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: FYI: American Airlines cancels flights to Eleuthera

what did u find out Iexplore as we leave this month-better not leave us stranded in MIA! That would be a shame as from indications on this board it is bringing more to eleuthera,certainly the two of us would not be going otherwise as don't do small planes.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: FYI: American Airlines cancels flights to Eleuthera

If I remember correctly, the AA flight from Mia to ELH is not a large plane. You may want to check it out,

Windsor, Canada
Destination Expert
for Eleuthera
Level Contributor
2,053 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: FYI: American Airlines cancels flights to Eleuthera

American is using new jets on the MIA-ELH route. I think they are the biggest planes that fly to Eleuthera, and they are generally on time.

Hampden...
Level Contributor
115 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: FYI: American Airlines cancels flights to Eleuthera

I re-booked with United for Oct. 12-19:

BDL > CLE > FLL> ELH

GHB > FLL > IAD > BDL

I'll just have to wait and see if this trip gets cancelled too.