We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place to stay one night or 2 - southern end

New Jersey
Level Contributor
352 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Place to stay one night or 2 - southern end

Looking for a place to stay overnight in the southern end, must be large enough for 2 adults and 2 teen age kids. We are staying near Gregory Town but travelling south to see Lighthouse and dive with Ocean Fox and need a place for a night or 2. Some have suggested Northside Inn in Rock Sound but all of their cottages look too small for family of 4.

Thanks for any help

Missoula, Montana
Level Contributor
176 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Place to stay one night or 2 - southern end

Home Away and VRBO has a couple of places in Rock Sound that are listed with nightly rates.

VRBO 360201, HomeAway 330707, 3496185

Home Away# 973243 is one of the condos at Cape Eleuthera. Looks like they might be renting some of the townhouses again? Anyone know about this, the only review is from this June.

There is also

The Rock Sound Club

and The Gully View Apartments in Deep Creek http://eleutheratours.com/gulley.html

I have never been to any of them so I cant give you a personal recommendation.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,533 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Place to stay one night or 2 - southern end

I would try to call Ingrahams Beach Inn. Look under the B&B tab. There beach is really different - not very sandy, just very small pebbles. At the entrance they have small trees that are trimmed to look like large mushrooms. Kinda sureal. I don't have the phone number handy right now.

Sammys in Rock Sound has apartments.

If no other options maybe 2 cottages at Northside Inn - don't know how old the children are.

Missoula, Montana
Level Contributor
176 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Place to stay one night or 2 - southern end

The number I have for Ingrahams is 242-334-4285, it is in Tarpum Bay.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,533 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Place to stay one night or 2 - southern end

Also it may be worth a call to Cape Eleuthera Marina. I heard the resort closed, but the marina is still running!?!? They may have some rooms that they let to boaters.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
352 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Place to stay one night or 2 - southern end

thanks all, i did just exchange emails with www.eleutherevacationrentals.net who is agent for a condo at the marina at Cape Eleuthera. we may end up there for a night but its a bit pricey considering we'll also be paying for another rental at the same time.. about $250/night plus hotel tax.

Gastonia, North...
Level Contributor
3,590 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Place to stay one night or 2 - southern end

Have you already spoken with Al about diving? He lives in the Governor's Harbour area so he'll have to drive down the day of as well. It's not a bad drive. Just a thought...

New Jersey
Level Contributor
352 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Place to stay one night or 2 - southern end

thanks, thats a great suggestion. also trying to work in a trip to lighthouse beach also

Patrick, South...
Destination Expert
for Eleuthera
Level Contributor
1,671 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Place to stay one night or 2 - southern end

Hi jersydiver, not knowing what your schedule is for diving, (day-hours) I would suggest you try contacting either Gully View or Rosie at North side Inn for a place to stay after the diving trip. You could stay 1 night & do Lighthouse beach the next morning, then back to your rental. If you have young teens you could share 2 cottages at Rosie's, ask her if she would be able to make a picnic style lunch for your trip to Lighthouse the night before & also have dinner for you that night or not, just pick up your things & head home? Also if you contact Gully, Sherrill's restaurant is there for the same. Just a thought, I know the $'s will add up, the only alternative will be to drive back to your rental the day of the dive?

9. Re: Place to stay one night or 2 - southern end

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2014, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Eleuthera