We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water Temperature

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
107 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Water Temperature

Hi, we're coming for our first trip in three weeks! Can someone tell me the current water temperature? I can't find it online anywhere.

Thanks

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,423 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Water Temperature

You can go to the web site below to see the actual sea surface temperatures in the Bahamas on daily satellite images. In Eleuthera this week it appears to be in the upper 70's F to around 80F at mid day.

marine.rutgers.edu/mrs/sat_data/…

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,423 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Water Temperature

In three weeks it most likely will be lower as it does tend to go downward towards the end of November.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
107 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Water Temperature

Thanks! I'm so glad it's still in the high 70s. I hope it doesn't go down too much in the next three weeks. Can't wait to get in that water!

Edited: 15 November 2013, 01:52
N. Illinois
Level Contributor
114 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Water Temperature

We are on the island now. We went to Harbour Island yesterday. It was a bit cooler and windy, but the water temp was actually warmer than the air temp. It was nice....did some body surfing on Pink Sands beach.

savannah sound
Level Contributor
2,400 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Water Temperature

Water is warm for Canadians, comfortable for Americans and too darn cold for us.

Eleuthera
Level Contributor
2,624 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Water Temperature

Hah! My friend DaHermit is a wussie! Banzai and bottom-up, baby -- it's not cold at all, especially if you're braced yourself with a couple of Kaliks first!

savannah sound
Level Contributor
2,400 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Water Temperature

The only good use of salt water at this time of year is steaming crawfish.

savannah sound
Level Contributor
2,400 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Water Temperature

I had the hermitess swim out 50 yards with a thermometer and hold it a foot down. Temp was 79F.

BRRRRR!!!!

Gastonia, North...
Level Contributor
3,548 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Water Temperature

We brought our wetsuits this time for diving (couple islands south on Long Island) and did not use them at all. It's still nice and warm, about 28/82 at surface according to the dive computer. The wind is starting to die down as well.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
107 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Water Temperature

Thanks for taking it's temperature for me. Is 79F really chilly? What's the usual temperature? I live in Los Angeles I get excited when it warms up to 70F.