We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beach house rental walking distance to store/pub

Missoula, Montana
Level Contributor
15 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
beach house rental walking distance to store/pub

We are planning a trip to Eleuthera. We are thinking about the "Pura Vida" beach front house, although it looks amazing, it may be a wee bit out of our price range. We would like a relatively private house but also would like, if possible, to be able to walk or bike to a local small place to grab a bite, have a beer with the locals or something like that. Last year we traveled to Cat Island, loved it, but we had to drive if we left the property. We are open to other suggestions also re: beach house rentals. We fish, kayak, snorkel, cook, etc. We are a group of 4 adults. We do plan to rent a vehicle at least part of our stay but really do want to be able to walk to access some places.

Thank you!

Mentioned in this post
Eleuthera
Eleuthera
Out Islands
Cat Island
Cat Island
Out Islands
Eleuthera
Level Contributor
2,735 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beach house rental walking distance to store/pub

There aren't many low-price, private, two-bedroom beachfront homes close to a pub. You may have to bend a bit with one of your preferences.

savannah sound
Level Contributor
2,898 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: beach house rental walking distance to store/pub

Pura Vida is about 1 1/2 miles to the highway and another 3 miles to town. Closer if you walk through the 'bush'.

Southport, North...
Level Contributor
983 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: beach house rental walking distance to store/pub

Check out a house called Boiling Hole. It's right outside of Governor's Harbour so walking distance to almost everything. Be aware that it doesn't have some US creature comforts. My Bahama Jewel is also right on the beach and near to most things. It's in South Palmetto Point.

Mentioned in this post
Eleuthera
Level Contributor
251 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: beach house rental walking distance to store/pub

What is your budget?

toronto
Level Contributor
80 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: beach house rental walking distance to store/pub

Mon soleil and Sundancer. On French leave beach, close to tippy's next door to the beach house bar and restaurant, pineapple fields and it's deli/cafe.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
323 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: beach house rental walking distance to store/pub

beach thats a good suggestion. i remember last year sitting having a drink at tippys thinking how nice it would be to stay over at pineapple and have happy hour cocktails there everynight.

tc

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: beach house rental walking distance to store/pub

To anyone who has stayed at the sundancer on french leave beach could you give me the pros and cons?

Thanks

savannah sound
Level Contributor
2,898 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: beach house rental walking distance to store/pub

Fislyn...didn't we do this Sundancer ting in February?? Nothing much has changed since then.

Eleuthera
Level Contributor
2,735 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: beach house rental walking distance to store/pub

I address the "walking to a pub" problem with a solution known as "walking to the refrigerator" ... that way I'm not at the mercy of a harried, over-worked waitress or barkeep, and I have been known to tip myself rather generously. The conversations with myself are quite stimulating as well, and I've even been known to provide live music ... ;-)

savannah sound
Level Contributor
2,898 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: beach house rental walking distance to store/pub

The vision of your 'live music' is giving us the giggles.

On a more serious note re:... walking to a pub...how about staying along the stretch of Banks Road near Unique Village? It seems a pretty easy walk to Unique's Pub, as well as the Dilly Tree Pub, Corner Bar Pub (is that redundant?), I-95 Sports Pub, and restaurants at Unique, Sweet Dreams, 3-J's, Lanny's and the newly opened "Coffee Hill Heritage Site".

Mentioned in this post
Unique Village
Unique Village
94 Reviews
Eleuthera