We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

May or June

daisytown
Level Contributor
593 posts
1 review
Save Topic
May or June

We have been to Eleuthera twice , mid June and mid May. Our first trip in June it was really hot and the seas were very calm. The next time in mid May it was a bit cooler but the Atlantic was kicking and we could not snorkle at all on that side. May works better for us but I wonder if we would have a better chance of calm water in June. The temperature really doesn't play a part in the decision.

Glastonbury...
Level Contributor
1,428 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: May or June

Yes, I would definitely choose June over May for the best chance for calm water. The extra 10 to 15 min of daylight being an added bonus.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
263 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: May or June

I agree with my friend Papafox. I just got back from Turks and Caicos just south of the Bahamas a couple of days ago. The weather was cool and very windy and overcast the entire trip. I missed out on the calm waters. I would go in June.

Glastonbury...
Level Contributor
1,428 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: May or June

That's a bummer Jim! What days exactly were you there? I've been keeping an archive of the Satellite Imagery the past several months as well as the daily winds the past several weeks so just wanted to see just how bad it was.

Thanks bud

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
166 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: May or June

We r on Eleuthera right now and r loving the weather. We're here 2 years ago in June and found it much warmer and humid. Bugs seem to b at a minimum, skies r blue. Water is fine for snorkeling

5. Re: May or June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Eleuthera