We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is anyone familiar with the "Horizons" villa in N. Palmetto

Lombard, Illinois
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
Is anyone familiar with the "Horizons" villa in N. Palmetto

...or the owner Leslie Fraser? We're planning on staying there in the coming months, but there's not a lot of information or reviews out there. Details at: http://www.vrbo.com/3597121ha

Edited: 08 June 2014, 21:14
Carbondale, Illinois
Level Contributor
34 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is anyone familiar with the "Horizons" villa in N. Palmetto

The link says its in Gregory Town. That is quite a ways from North Palmetto.

Lombard, Illinois
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Is anyone familiar with the "Horizons" villa in N. Palmetto

Correct... I forgot to mention that there's an error in the listing & map. I don't know if this will work, but here's a Google Map link: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Eleuthera/@25.1603275,-76.1480617,193m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x893aa17fe736a99d:0xcb52a8bc20eff72e

It's 4.6 km S/E of Carey's Pond. Not on the beachfront, but just across the road from the beach.

Missoula, Montana
Level Contributor
176 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is anyone familiar with the "Horizons" villa in N. Palmetto

I believe that house used to be called Canta Libre.

Edited: 09 June 2014, 15:36
Lombard, Illinois
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Is anyone familiar with the "Horizons" villa in N. Palmetto

correct as well.... I just located the old website for the property and I can't tell if it was in fact sold or not. just a little confusing. I didn't want to show up and have to sit in some stranger's lap all week because they also booked the place through a new owner. :)

Missoula, Montana
Level Contributor
176 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is anyone familiar with the "Horizons" villa in N. Palmetto

It does seem a little fishy to me. The VRBO listing says they have owned it since 1999. The reviews are only from 2014 and it was called Canta Libre until recently. That along with the listing location being so far off would be reason enough to make me want to look a little deeper.

I would suggest emailing both the VRBO contact and the contact on the Canta Liibre website just to make sure they are the same person. Maybe they just fixed up the place a little and changed the name??

tireboy
Level Contributor
350 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Is anyone familiar with the "Horizons" villa in N. Palmetto

It is still owned by Leslie Fraser...why she changed the name I have no idea.

tireboy
Level Contributor
350 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Is anyone familiar with the "Horizons" villa in N. Palmetto

It is still owned by Leslie Fraser

Southport, North...
Level Contributor
868 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is anyone familiar with the "Horizons" villa in N. Palmetto

I touched base with Leslie as I rep this house. The house has had a name change and a rate adjustment. The former Canta Libre is now Horizons.

9. Re: Is anyone familiar with the "Horizons" villa in N. Palmetto

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Eleuthera