We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Price of excursions and rentals?

Florida
3 posts
Save Topic
Price of excursions and rentals?

I am wondering if anyone on here has an idea what the prices are for several things:

Exuma Cays Adventure tours or Starfish tours?

Also if anyone rented a car through which company and what was the going rate?

What about boat rentals...how much do they go for and how much time is the ideal time to rent a boat?

King of Prussia...
Level Contributor
306 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Price of excursions and rentals?

Car Rentals: I use Thompson's. Nice people, good service. The price list is on their site:

the-bahamas-car-rentals.com/thompsonscars/

Minns in George Town rents boats. Here is their price list:

http://www.mwsboats.com/

I never have enough money left over for the tours though! :-)

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
382 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Price of excursions and rentals?

Hi Luvs2travel,

We rented a 15 foot boat from Minn's for 7 days and this is what it cost us. First they took a $200 deposit.

For 7 days rental on the smallest boat it's $90/day = $630.

When we returned the boat we used 20.5 gallons of gas @ $4.41 and were charged $90.40 for gas.

So our grand total was $720.40!

Yes, very expensive, but this was my Birthday present to myself. And a VERY nice one I might add :-)

We also rented a car from Don's. They brought the car to us and were very nice and easy to deal with. Car rental was $210 for 3 days. They brought it to us full and we had to give it back to them full or they'll charge you $9/gal! We did have to top off the tank and it was about $30.

Like the poster above, this was a very expensive trip for us, so we didn't have any $$ left over for a tour.

Have a great vacation!

~CabGirl

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
382 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Price of excursions and rentals?

PS. to Luvstotravel,

You can't keep the Minn's rental boat at the Grand Isle, it's out of their permitted parameters.

You'll have to drive down into Georgetown everyday that you rent the boat.

It is well worth it, at least for a few days to check out stocking island and many private beaches around S.I. and Great Exuma. It was the highlight of our trip. It's very easy to navigate around the harbor and Minn's gives you a map too.

Have a great trip!

~CabGirl

Florida
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Price of excursions and rentals?

Thanks for all the info Cabgirl! You even answered a question I had in mind which was where to dock it. I'm very excited! Can't wait to check it all out and take some great pictures.

Thanks again!

Sidney, Canada
Level Contributor
105 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Price of excursions and rentals?

Hope I'm not too late, but did you look up exumawatersports.com? Send Ray an email or give him a call.

Level Contributor
105 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Price of excursions and rentals?

Hey cab,

I was wondering if you knew what area or what rentals that Minn's allows you to keep the boat overnight? My husband and I are planning a trip in the fall/winter? and we don't want to return the boat everyday, just dock it at where ever we decide to rent. I'd like to know that before I start researching rentals.

Thanks,

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
800 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Price of excursions and rentals?

It is really best to call Minns and ask them directly before you make your accomodation arrangements. There are some places like Regatta Point, February Point, Palm Bay, and the Beach Inn where Minns does let people keep the boat overnight because they know there are protected, suitable tie-up facilities for their boats, private homes-they may not be as familiar. Best to check ahead of time.

As for territory - the western edge of the boundary runs from the Conch Cay Cut (small cays/rocks by the western channel) to Simon's Pt across the harbor by Hooper's Bay. Hooper's Bay lies just outside the charted rental area. On the eastern edge the boundary runs from Fowl Cay across to Rolletown on Great Exuma.

http://mwsboats.com/

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
382 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Price of excursions and rentals?

I agree with 7Mile!

Call Minn's if your not looking into one of the places 7Mile mentioned above.

Happy Travels.

~CabGirl

Level Contributor
105 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Price of excursions and rentals?

thanks,

I'll probably be back with more ?'s.

apresto

10. Re: Price of excursions and rentals?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2010, 05:16