We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shore to Shore car rental

Texas
Level Contributor
100 posts
109 reviews
Save Topic
Shore to Shore car rental

I have seen a company called Shore to Shore car rental mentioned in the forum, however, I can't seem to find a web site or phone number for them, does anyone know if they are still in business or how I can reach them? Thanks.

White Plains, New...
Level Contributor
908 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shore to Shore car rental

There is an Exuma Visitors Guide link in "Exuma itinerary advice" thread I posted last night. You will find car rental company with phone numbers and other valuable information. I can't post a link now because im mobile and itdoes not let me.

Texas
Level Contributor
100 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shore to Shore car rental

Thank's ProArtWork , I will check it out.

Texas
Level Contributor
100 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shore to Shore car rental

I finally got the email to Sure to Shore Rental Team thanks to ProArtWork's info...however; they told me all they have are Toyota Avalon’s as sedans for 70 a day. The vehicle seems a little large for just my wife and I. I feel I am missing something here as most reports I find, folks are getting the rental at Sure to Shore for less than that. In fact, it seemed like the best deal on the island for vehicle rental. They did say they would work with my budget within reason, not sure what they meant by that. Any advice?

Centerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
9 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shore to Shore car rental

Can you please post the email?

Texas
Level Contributor
100 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shore to Shore car rental

Here is the email to Sure to Shore Rental Team

suretoshore@batelnet.bs

We used them and they we great, no problems at all. If you call them they will either leave you a car at airprort or come pick you up saving the money for a very expensive cab ride to your hotel.

Edited: 13 June 2011, 00:21
Centerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
9 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shore to Shore car rental

Thanks so much! How long were you there? It's been suggested that I bring meat with me-I'm staying one month. Suggestions?

Texas
Level Contributor
100 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shore to Shore car rental

I was there two weeks...I personally wouldn't bring meat even if I was staying a month. The grocery stores have different kinds of meat if you really want it, its not cheap but it beats the hassle of packing and transporting meat, but that’s just me, you might want to. Another option is there are several places you can go to buy fresh caught fish, from either the boats that are coming in, or the folks brining in their nets for the day.

You can cook or grill that if you like fish. Most restaurant are outrageous in price, however, Splash, a restaurant in the Palm Bay resort is fairly reasonable.

They serve anything from hamburgers and hot dogs for lunch to fish dinner in the evening, If you are on a budget be careful eating out as it is VERY expensive...we brought with us snack foods which was fine for us as the place we were staying had breakfast included and all we had to worry about was dinner, to make it even more economical we had late lunches which carried us over to where we could skip dinner all together. After the first few nights and blowing over 100 + on two dinners without drinks, we realized we couldn’t keep that up and had to adjust how we ate the rest of our stay.

Centerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
9 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Shore to Shore car rental

Thanks for the information - I plan to cook in much of the time, but if you were to choose a few favorite restaurants, what would they be?

Texas
Level Contributor
100 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Shore to Shore car rental

Augusta Bay had a wonderful menu; it’s pricy but was really good. Also, Catch a Fire was very good, they are only open for dinner and its cash only...remember to bring bug spray if you go to Catch a Fire, trust me on this, you won't regret it. Santana’s, you may hear so much about was just ok to me, if you like your fish fried. I wanted it grilled and they talked me out of it,,, wasn’t sure why until a local told me not many locals eat there as the owner likes to saturated the fish with sugar before frying which gives the fish a very sweet taste...I suppose it’s their signature way to prepare it, was a bit too sweet for my taste...but it was ok. The place is more for tourist and like many other places, they take cash only...The fish fry was fine for lunch but had lots and lots of flies buzzing around, if you are ok with that, they are reasonably price, again it is cash only.

Two turtles are good, and you will get more local flavor there. Do not assume refills on tea are free in restaurants, in most cases they are not, so at 5.00 a pop, you will get a big surprise when you get your bill.

Centerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
9 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Shore to Shore car rental

Thanks very much!