We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phone service

Acton, Massachusetts
2 posts
Save Topic
Phone service

It has been 7 years since our last trip. Is there cell phone service on Exuma?

White Plains, New...
Level Contributor
877 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Phone service

I was there last month and my BlackBerry did not work. My fiance cell did not work either. We were not getting any signal.

Acton, Massachusetts
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Phone service

Thanks. You must have been having such a good time that you didn't need to phone out. We're wondering if temp sim cards work for cell phones in Exuma if anyone else out there knows... Thanks.

Houston
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Phone service

You can 'rent' a cell while there or check with your provider to see about having international service 'turned on'.

Nashville, TN
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,704 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Phone service

My AT&T Blackberry worked the entire time. Husbands iPhone (AT&T) did too. I must admit, I was hoping they wouldn't.

5. Re: Phone service

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2012, 06:34