We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hillside Cottage at Palm Bay

toronto
Level Contributor
193 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Hillside Cottage at Palm Bay

Has anyone stayed in one of these cottage. Not a VBRO rental but part of a package deal with AirCanadaVacations. I want the full kitchen and the washer and dryer. Do they have "back" patios as we will probably rent the BBQ for the week and don't want to do that on the front porch. Any help with this would be appreciated. We may leave as soon as Thurs!! Please help. Do we need a car or is the fish fry in walking distance? , I understand they have a daily trip into Georgetown.

Part time
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hillside Cottage at Palm Bay

I haven't but friends have stayed in the hillside cottages and they have nice views.You can walk to fish fry and they have a shuttle to Georgetown but you will want to rent a car during your stay unless you intend not to get out much or don't want to experience the island culture, history or some fabulous restaurants.Thompson's car rental is conveniently located near your hillside accommodations.

toronto
Level Contributor
193 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hillside Cottage at Palm Bay

Thanks for the quick reply. We stayed at Grand Isle last yr but Palm Bay is such a good price. We will probably rent a car at least for a few days as our Auntie and family live in Curtis and will have to get back and forth for visiting.

Part time
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hillside Cottage at Palm Bay

You will be going from steak to hamburger as Grand Isle is close to 5 star luxury and Palm Bay is 2-3 star accommodations but many of their places are nice and well equipped.Splash is so so but Augusta Bay and Coconut Cove restaurants are close by.

toronto
Level Contributor
193 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hillside Cottage at Palm Bay

I am getting a little nervous now. I definitely don't always stay at 5 star, but Grand Isle was such a good price. As long as the villas are clean, full kitchen, washer and dryer which I know the hillside villa have. I like the closeness of Palm Bay to Fish Fry and downtown. Grand Isle is closer to family.........I hate making last minute decisions!

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
2,852 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hillside Cottage at Palm Bay

exumiangal- just curious since you mentioned it- I stayed at Coconut Cove probably 16 years ago when there were not nearly as many accommodations on the island and the food was good then. I am planning a trip for next year and most likely renting a house. Is CC still a place we might eat out one night? I do not see it mentioned much now that there are so many other restaurants. Just curious- thanks for your reply.

Part time
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hillside Cottage at Palm Bay

Toronto don't worry they're clean and have all the amenities you'll need.DNA, Pam can cook and the food at Coconut Cove and Augusta Bay is better than Splash imo.

toronto
Level Contributor
193 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hillside Cottage at Palm Bay

We are booked but I guess I should have asked this ? before.........do they have pots, pans utensils in the kitchen?????

8. Re: Hillside Cottage at Palm Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 15:19