We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Emerald Bay Room Question

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
88 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Sandals Emerald Bay Room Question

Just booked our first trip to stay at the Sandals Emerald Bay. There are so many room choices they make you dizzy. Well, we narrowed our choice down to the Grand Bahamian Honeymoon Oceanfront Junior Suite, Walkout Terrace/Patio. We will be going the first week of May 2012. We understand the room location in the Ocean Village Building are very nice. Has anyone stayed in one of these rooms and if so, can you provide any feedback on what kind of view of the water you have? This is our first ever trip to a Sandals Resort so any and all tips and advice are appreciated. Thanks.

Downingtown...
Level Contributor
552 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals Emerald Bay Room Question

Mark Brown on Sandals Emerald Bay on Facebook, is very knowledgable he is our travel agent has a great site on facebook I would ask him we had the Palmbay oceanview room last yr was nice it does depend on the bldg you get dont do bldg 2 or 3 very noisy we are going next april got a deal on the coco plum rooms

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
88 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals Emerald Bay Room Question

Thank you for the information bonnie56Pa. We also learned that having a room in bldg 2 and 3 there would be more noise than usual because of all the activity, music, and so forth near the lobby and restaurants. We saw that the coco plum rooms were sold out during the time that we booked our trip in May 2012. Must be a pretty nice location. Our travel agent is going down there the end of August and said she would check out the Ocean Village Bldgs to see how they size up for view and room location. Thanks again for the info and enjoy your trip back their next year.

Downingtown...
Level Contributor
552 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals Emerald Bay Room Question

We must have booked at the right time because when we came back in may we called Mark to book us because they were offering the free room for coco plum and they sold out in a week, By the way we are going end of April to May for 10 days the weather is perfect at that time so you guys picked a perfect time if you did May its not crowded at all then If you want to see any pics let me know I can email them to you.

bonnie

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
88 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandals Emerald Bay Room Question

We'd love to see some pictures of the resort! Glad to hear the weather is great during that time. Our specific dates booked are May 2nd thru May 9th. We will be flying from San Antonio, Texas thru Atlanta; changing planes there and on to George Town. So, we lucked out with a super connection, leaving at 6am and arriving there at 12:35pm. I am looking forward to playing some golf while there too. Understand the Greg Norman Course on site is beautiful. Any idea what they charge for Green Fees? Thanks for keeping up with my questions.

Downingtown...
Level Contributor
552 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandals Emerald Bay Room Question

it is usually 175.00 for green fees but sometimes they drop it to 125.00 during that time of yr we are staying to the 4th of may earlier flights are much better, I will warn you atlanta airport is horrible they are so rude and they check you thru a million times it is a huge airport so have everything ready, my email is bonnie5652@yahoo.com just send me your email I will send you lots of pics.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
88 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandals Emerald Bay Room Question

bonnie56Pa:

Our email address is: leetompkins9010@att.net.

Look forward to seeing your pics. By the way, thanks for the heads up about the Atlanta Airport. Have not been through there in several years, but, it came be any worse than Houston Intercontinental. We always hated going and coming back from there.

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,617 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sandals Emerald Bay Room Question

we stayed in Bayhouse 1 on the second floor and loved it! I have pics, including the view from the room and the beautiful golf course....am happy to send you the link to my picasa album if you wish.

Since this is your first visit to a Sandals resort, be sure to sign up for the returnee guest program after your stay, so that you will be able to take advantage of all the perks which come with membership...it's free and highly worth it! We are going on our free week in January, which is a perk offered after 70 paid nights.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
88 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sandals Emerald Bay Room Question

Thank you for the information and advice travelpair55. We thought long and hard about committing to this trip and decided that you get what you pay for. Based on the majority of reviews it appears Sandals certainly has the edge on the exclusive all inclusive vacation. We are very excited about going next May and will surely sign up for the Sandals Member Select Program after our first visit. Yes, we would love to see your photos. You can email them to me at leetompkins9010@att.net. Thanks again for your reply.

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,617 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sandals Emerald Bay Room Question

I've just you the link through to your email...if by chance you don't get it, please let me know and I'll try it again!

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
88 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sandals Emerald Bay Room Question

Just received your photo album of Sandals Emerald Bay. WOW! Amazing shots of an amazing resort. Great job putting this album together and thank you for sharing them with us. We can't wait to finally experience this great resort and what appears to be an outstanding island in the Caribbean.

Get answers to your questions about Great Exuma
Recent Conversations