We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Emerald bay…Pool and Beach Lounges

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
374 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sandals Emerald bay…Pool and Beach Lounges

Hi I'm planning a trip and I was curious about the Beach/pool lounges I have been to resorts where you need to wake up early and grab lounges. I really would love to relax and sleep in a little with out having this worry so those who have stayed there whats the deal with the lounges will I find them without running down at 6-7a... Or do I need to get a butler room

thx

Houston
Level Contributor
2,280 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals Emerald bay…Pool and Beach Lounges

There usually isn't a problem getting lounges. The beach is spread out and there's lots of charis.

Milford...
Level Contributor
4,335 posts
673 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals Emerald bay…Pool and Beach Lounges

We never had a problem with lounges on the beach, but the ones around the main pool filled up quickly. I would not pay the extra $$ just for this....would use the $$$ towards a tour or another future trip.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
110 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals Emerald bay…Pool and Beach Lounges

You have to get up at the crack of dawn. At 6:30 this morning I was taking pics of the sunrise and about 1/2 of the chairs were taken. There are only 200 loungers (pool AND beach) so the ratio is way low. It's disappointing but if you want a chair, it's what you need to do.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
374 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandals Emerald bay…Pool and Beach Lounges

Hi thanks for all the responses…

@vegas94 just curious did you happen to notice if most of those were reserved by the butlers the towels are usually shaped in pretty designs and sometimes with flowers?

thanks

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
110 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandals Emerald bay…Pool and Beach Lounges

I would say that perhaps 40% were reserved by butlers. No pretty designs though like I have seen previously at Sandals Royal Bahamian. That percentage is just based on seeing them out at the crack of dawn placing towels and by watching them run around catering to people at lunch time. Typically they deliver a snack of chips and salsa and Butler category people have a red cooler filled with beers and water, so they're pretty easy to pick out..

I'm going to check out the butler suites tomorrow so I'll try to send an update and let you know if the rooms are worth the upgrade. I think the Palm Bay Oceanview are nice enough, but the others are beachfront so perhaps the wow factor makes it worthwhile.

Milford, Iowa
Level Contributor
3,194 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandals Emerald bay…Pool and Beach Lounges

Keep in mind that time of year and occupancy levels will dictate just how many chairs will be taken/reserved early. I find it hard to believe all the chairs on the beach would be taken as there are many and the beach goes on forever.... We always saw tons of empty chairs on our walks.

Also, there is the quiet pool that not many people use or even know about. There were always chairs open there.

Downingtown...
Level Contributor
562 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sandals Emerald bay…Pool and Beach Lounges

What is a busy time of yr. there, we are going at end of april, last yr we went early April and it was dead , Did anyone notice if they heat the big pool it seemed cold last yr.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
110 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sandals Emerald bay…Pool and Beach Lounges

The activity pool was cold. Not bad once you got in but not exactly 'hanging out temperature'.

Quiet pool was warm but at both, if you hadn't reserved a chair by 7:30am, forget it.

If you're up early to enjoy the sun and walk on the beach, you can adapt to this fairly easily. If not, an insiders tip would be to go to the pool outside of the spa, beside the gym. It's open and has lots of chairs and very relaxed.

Downingtown...
Level Contributor
562 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sandals Emerald bay…Pool and Beach Lounges

You would think they would heat that up because you have the swimup bar there!

10. Re: Sandals Emerald bay…Pool and Beach Lounges

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2013, 21:42