We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Insurance

Downingtown...
Level Contributor
555 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Insurance

This may be a silly question does trip insurance cover bad weather we had it for 4 days.

exuma
Level Contributor
298 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Insurance

read the contract !

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
263 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Insurance

Most of them cover hurricane evacuation scenarios (not just bad weather).

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
492 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Insurance

correct me if I'm wrong, it sounds like you got to the destination and had the vacation, but you had bad weather while on the vacation.

What insurance policy would possibly reimburse you for that? Would that policy cover me if I had bad luck at Vegas?

Downingtown...
Level Contributor
555 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Insurance

True

Central PA
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Insurance

If you book using cheapcaribbean.com, they have:

$100 Sunshine Coupon

CheapCaribbean.com provides FREE, in every reservation, a $100 Sunshine Coupon! Should even a trace of rain fall in your destination while you are on vacation, email us at 100sunshinecoupon@cheapcaribbean.com when you return from vacation letting us know. Upon verification of our weather records, you immediately receive $100 off your next vacation at CheapCaribbean.com!

Downingtown...
Level Contributor
555 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Insurance

Wow thanks!

Glastonbury...
Level Contributor
1,444 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Insurance

Bonnie,

Did you simply extend your stay when this happened? That's what I would do in that situation. I'll be there in June and have contingency plans to do just that.

Hopefully I won;t need to, but I can just in case.

8. Re: Trip Insurance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 08:15