We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone ever rent a boat at Minn's?

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
210 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone ever rent a boat at Minn's?

My husband and I will be at SEB in November. We of course have to see the swimming pigs. Well he could do without it, its me who wants to see them.

Plus I would love to go to Chat and Chill. We were thinking about renting a boat at Minn's to cover both wanna do's.

Is the process easy? Do we have to do it in advance?

Is it doable to rent a boat to go to chat and chill and see the pigs?

Thx!

Houston
Level Contributor
1,896 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone ever rent a boat at Minn's?

We have rented several times from Minns and the experience has been great.

Your best bet to see the pigs is to take a tour. I recomment Exuma Cay Adventures, it's rated #1 on tripadvisor.

I think you'll enjoy a boat rental for cruising around the harbor, exploring the cays and finding that perfect deserted beach. If you are just going to Chat N Chill for the day, then I would probably take a water taxi from the dock in Georgetown. It's $12 per person each way. You can't take aMinns boat outside the harbor and they must approve where it's docked if you are keeping it overnight.

Key Largo, Florida
Level Contributor
149 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone ever rent a boat at Minn's?

Actually the boat taxi with Elvis is $12 - ROUND TRIP (not each way) to Chat & Chill and the Stocking Island beaches and you can return whenever you feel like it Steelerluvr.

A 16.8" day rental from minns will require you a $200 deposit. And it will cost you about $200 for the day with fuel, taxes and surcharges, but if you're a boater that knows how to read the water you could do this staying in the Harbour, but not "see the pigs etc.".

Glastonbury...
Level Contributor
1,438 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone ever rent a boat at Minn's?

Just to be clear, the swimming pigs are near Staniel Cay which is 50 miles up from G-town so taking a boat from Minns to there is out of the question.

4. Re: Anyone ever rent a boat at Minn's?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 21:15