We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I just read a review on Sand fleas..............

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
299 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
I just read a review on Sand fleas..............

I just read a review on sand fleas is this a problem at this resort all year round.

We will be arriving in October. Do I have anything to worry about.

Houston
Level Contributor
1,857 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I just read a review on Sand fleas..............

We haven't had a problem with any of those. The beaches are really clean and it's my understanding that they can be found around debris and stagnet water. The 'no see um's' will come out at times around dusk, but are gone shortly. The breeze will keep most things away.

2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: I just read a review on Sand fleas..............

We just came back and did not have a problem. We stayed at the beach most of the day and some evenings. But we did see some guests with bites. Sandals does provide each room with an OFF bottle but we never used it.

White Rock, Canada
Level Contributor
148 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I just read a review on Sand fleas..............

I can't comment on October, but we just went to SEB in mid May. I received a number of bites, but nothing outrageous. However, I was dousing my arms and legs fairly regularly throughout the day. My wife has sweet blood and she received alot more bites than I did despite spraying herself down as well. We brought about 4 cans of our own and went through them all in the week.

For us and others we talked to, it was definitely a factor at the resort. Each room has spray in it, so it is obviously a well known at the resort. Bit of an annoyance, but it in no way ruined our trip. Just needed to be proactive with prevention

Downingtown...
Level Contributor
554 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I just read a review on Sand fleas..............

Take garlic pills for a month before you go it really works did it when we went to Jamaca and sandals emerald bay

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
99 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I just read a review on Sand fleas..............

I spent a week at SEB in May. Sand fleas love me and I was nervous about getting numerous bites after reading all of the posts. I stayed off the beach early mornings and evenings/nights. I did spray off on me each night before leaving the room. I would bring some more even though your room will have one can. I only got a few bites the day we left. It is a beautiful resort, don't skip it becasue of this. They are all over the caribbean. Just be smart and have a great time at this beautiful resort. :)

exuma
Level Contributor
298 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I just read a review on Sand fleas..............

You may not have a problem with no see ums but I think you should avoid the folks who have been eating garlic for a month !!!!!!!

7. Re: I just read a review on Sand fleas..............

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2013, 21:45