We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Select Member with Questions about Emerald

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
634 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Sandals Select Member with Questions about Emerald

We have been to the Sandals Royal Bahamian, Dunns, Whitehouse (2ce), Antigua (3x). How does Emerald Bay compare. Antigua and Whitehouse are our favorites. I like the pool atmosphoere of Antigua and hte night life more at Whitehouse. I am afraid Exuma may be too quiet or not as much going on. BUt the water looks nice and I have read such great reviews. Plus I have never been to an all concierge/butler one so can you get reservations easily? Are there enough floats for the pool - I know in Anitgua people hoard them and it is hard to get one at times. Just trying to determine if we should ever venture off of our 2 favorites.....

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals Select Member with Questions about Emerald

Hello pghvaca!

Considering that Sandals Whitehouse is one of your favorites, I think you will really enjoy Sandals Emerald Bay. They are similar with the exception that it is on a family island in The Bahamas. It is truly a breathtaking property and described as absolutely stunning by many who have visited. It is a quiet island but there is entertainment on property such as the piano bar and pub that has a DJ and disco and is open late. If you are adventurous there are local bars near by and you will definitely be welcomed.

There are 2 large pools, one being the Caribbean's largest zero entry pool with a central fire pit! Floats are there but they are also on a "first come first serve basis", so this would really depend on the hotel's occupancy at the time in terms of availability. Some of the restaurants require reservations and I recommend that you reserve at the time of checking in to the resort as the food is delicious! If you do choose the butler accommodations, your Butler will gladly make the arrangements for you as requested!

I truly think you will enjoy Sandals Emerald Bay and look forward to hearing from you!

Please message me if you have any other questions!

ontario, canada
Level Contributor
302 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals Select Member with Questions about Emerald

We have a different take on this place. Little things like no water in the room unless you persist in asking for it, pizza place closed early when signs say it is open, food was mediocre at best, premium liquor not readily available, red flag for swimming all but one day of our visit, butlers are shared amongst 4 or 5 couples from what we saw. Stick to what you like. Property is pretty but that is about all.

3. Re: Sandals Select Member with Questions about Emerald

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2014, 06:23
Get answers to your questions about Great Exuma
Recent Conversations