We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A few questions before our trip to the Exuma Beach Resort!

Englewood, Florida
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
A few questions before our trip to the Exuma Beach Resort!

Hi All,

First of all, THANK YOU in advance for helping answer my silly questions before our anniversary trip to the Exumas! Here we go...

We will be renting a car to visit Tropic of Cancer and Santana's. From the Exuma Beach Resort is this a full day drip? If not, any other recommendations to see while we have the rental car along the way?

I'm looking for a nice place to have an anniversary dinner. We will no longer have the rental car, so is there any "nice" "higher end" (HA! I know, it's the Bahama's and everything is very relaxed) restaurants that are in walking or reasonable taxi distance from Exuma Beach Resort?

I do believe there is a ferry from the Government Dock to Chat-n-Chill...is this correct?

Thank you again..looking forward to our trip!!

Gastonia, North...
Level Contributor
3,588 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A few questions before our trip to the Exuma Beach Resort!

I would say that Santana's and TOC Beach are about 30-35 minutes from Exuma Beach Resort. so not an all day trip. There is a new hotel open just before the bridge to Little Exuma called Turquise Cay. Might be a good place for late afternoon cocktails on your way back.

There is a water taxi to Stocking Island. Just look for the sign for Elvis' taxi.

Houston
Level Contributor
1,897 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A few questions before our trip to the Exuma Beach Resort!

We enjoy Peace and Plenty for dinner. No, not 'nice', but worth it. Restaurant at February Point has a good wine selection if I remember correctly. Also, liquor store in George Town has pretty good wine choices sometimes. If you want something special, bring your own.

New York
Level Contributor
179 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: A few questions before our trip to the Exuma Beach Resort!

Peace and Plenty is very nice and a great hotel and restaurant in the middle of Georgetown. Our meals have been excellent over the last few years. The staff there make everyone feel welcome and treat you like old friends. We visit there several times during our stay on Exuma, it is not only worth it but we look forward to our time there.

Take time the day that you rent the car to stop in at Peace & Plenty, February Point and Turquoise Cay.

I haven't been to Turquoise Cay but I'd try that for your anniversary dinner. I think that's what your looking for and the reviews appear great.

http://www.turquoisecay.com/ https://www.facebook.com/TurquoiseCay

New York
Level Contributor
25 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A few questions before our trip to the Exuma Beach Resort!

As said above, the Turquoise Cay seems to reaching for what you would consider a more "norma" nice, memorable dinner. Only other ones that strive for both good atmosphere and foodie-quality meals is the restaurant at Three Sisters area (can't remember the name but it's in the hotel) and The Pallapa Restaurant at Grand Isle Resort. The later overlooks the pool and beach and is a bit more romantic candle-light type restaurant with solid food (they have wedding packages so can't be too bad).

Gastonia, North...
Level Contributor
3,588 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A few questions before our trip to the Exuma Beach Resort!

Maybe you are thinking of Frangipani, the Italian place?

6. Re: A few questions before our trip to the Exuma Beach Resort!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 November 2014, 04:16