We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which company is the best to go with for Cays tour??

Oakville, Ontario
Level Contributor
98 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Which company is the best to go with for Cays tour??

Hi all! My husband and I will be in Exuma in march next year and I am trying to decide on which tour company to go with for the Cays tour. They all seem to have great reviews. The manager of the hotel we are staying at has recommended 4 C's and they do seem to be the best price at $160 but I just read some poor reviews regarding safety issues, etc. Can anyone advise. Willing to pay a bit extra within reason. Just want a safe comfortable boat and a great guide. I know some of them include lunch and drinks and the $10 compass cay fee as well. Would appreciate any advice. Thanks!

Gastonia, North...
Level Contributor
3,590 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which company is the best to go with for Cays tour??

Everyone has their favorite. I think they are probably all good in their own right. We went with Sugar Adventure Tours. You get more of a "private charter" feeling. His 35 foot Contender boat is very, very fast. His is possibly the fastest of all the tour companies. You will need to have at least 8 people I think though. I coordinated with a family from Michigan on here before our trip. For $200 pp you get free rum punch all day, fresh conch salad and snacks. You still need money for lunch at Staniel Cay and the $10 pp Compass Cay fee. It's worth it to spend a little more and get such great personal attention. Sugar is a very safe captain too.

Oakville, Ontario
Level Contributor
98 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which company is the best to go with for Cays tour??

Thanks for the info. Will keep it in mind as I look through them all!

Nashville, TN
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,719 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which company is the best to go with for Cays tour??

Pat with 4C's took great care of us, nice boat, great day.

Houston
Level Contributor
1,905 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which company is the best to go with for Cays tour??

We have been with Exuma Cays Adventures two times and will be going with Peter again in March. They all charge about the same and goe to the same places. We have enjoyed his personal touch, knowledge of the area, etc.

I would suggest letting them know you would like to go and the dates you will be there so you are 'booked'. Trips depend upon weather, so you can't REALLY schedule it in advance.

Oakville, Ontario
Level Contributor
98 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which company is the best to go with for Cays tour??

Thanks again everyone, leaning towards 4C's, appreciate all your input!

Houston
Level Contributor
1,905 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which company is the best to go with for Cays tour??

There's a reason Exuma Cays Adventures is ranked #1 on Tripadvisor....

Oakville, Ontario
Level Contributor
98 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which company is the best to go with for Cays tour??

That was my other choice. Do you know if Exuma Cays Adventures picks you up at your hotel? We are staying at Exuma Palms. Thanks again

Houston
Level Contributor
1,905 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which company is the best to go with for Cays tour??

Peter has picked us up before so I would check with him. He's usually pretty good about it.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which company is the best to go with for Cays tour??

My husband and I are going to be staying at the Exuma Palms Hotel December 24-29, and we are interested in going on a Cays tour. Is anyone else going to be in Great Exuma during that time, and if so, would you like to join us? I think some of the tours require a minimum, and we want to make sure we don't miss out on the swimming pigs!

Houston
Level Contributor
1,905 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which company is the best to go with for Cays tour??

To make sure you have a spot and that the tour makes, you should let them know when you will be there and days you are available to go. It helps them schedule and makes sure you get the opportunity!

We have always used Peter at Exuma Cays Adventures and will be again in March for our 5th visit.