We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Exuma Beach Resort or Palm Bay???

Atlantic City, New...
Level Contributor
18 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Exuma Beach Resort or Palm Bay???

So I'm looking at accomodations. Because of cost and location I was planning on booking a week in May at a villa in Palm Bay. Then I came across the Exuma Beach Resort which I believe is next door. Anyone have any input on the Exuma Beach Resort or which of these resorts would be better to stay at? The Exuma Beach Resort looks really cute!

exuma
Level Contributor
302 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Exuma Beach Resort or Palm Bay???

Whichever you stay at, you would have access to the bar, the restaurant and the beach of both properties, so to my mind the only difference is the accommodation. While I have visited both many times, I have not stayed at either, so do you want to eat out every night? If not which accommodation has a kitchen(ette)?

More important that you rent a car and explore the island and its many beaches and trips.

Enjoy.

Houston
Level Contributor
2,142 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Exuma Beach Resort or Palm Bay???

We have stayed at Palm Bay 4 times with 5th happening in March.

Palm Bay is more a 'home' set up with kitchen, living area, etc while Exuma Beach is more 'hotel'. Both have onsite restaurants, same beach, etc. Exuma Beach sat vacant for many years before being redone and I hear is a good place to stay.

For us, Palm Bay works well. We like to shop and cook several meals ourselves and the unit we rent has a washer and dryer which helps with packing. The daily shuttel into town is a big plus aslo.

Atlantic City, New...
Level Contributor
18 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Exuma Beach Resort or Palm Bay???

Thanks for your input! Since Exuma Beach Resort is small and has a popular bar do you think it would be quite loud in the later hours in the night?

Houston
Level Contributor
2,142 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Exuma Beach Resort or Palm Bay???

I doubt it. Exuma isn't known for it's night life! You have a few around making noise but even the bands usually wrap up around 11.

5. Re: Exuma Beach Resort or Palm Bay???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 November 2014, 05:17