We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Undecided about going solo...???

Santa Barbara...
Level Contributor
18 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Undecided about going solo...???

Trying to make a decision on whether to go solo or not. I've been before and know how absolutely gorgeous and isolated it is. I would love to know anyone else's experience. I've traveled a lot but not on my own so I'm a bit apprehensive. My thoughts were to stay a couple nights on Staniel Cay and then a few nights near Georgetown. Possibly the Hideaway Palms?? I stayed at Grand Isle before and I think that may be too romantic and a bit too far away to get to the other beaches.

Thanks in advance for the input...

Glastonbury...
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Undecided about going solo...???

Funny you mention that, as I am having the exact same delima as to whether or not to travel solo to the Bahamas this coming July.

I would not be apprehensive about it at all about getting around on your own. Very safe in the out islands and everything is pretty straightforward, albeit on "island time".

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,569 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Undecided about going solo...???

Think James Bond. He traveled all over the world solo and he had no problem doing it :-) I've been there many times on my own and it never bothered me.

Santa Barbara...
Level Contributor
18 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Undecided about going solo...???

I did it!! I came solo and I'm absolutely loving it!! :) I'm saying this for anyone else that is on the fence about making the trek by yourself. The Bahamian people could not be friendlier and the beaches are the best in the world. Thanks Tigervette for the James Bond inspiration!! :) I have truly felt like a great adventurer on this trip!

Kindly,

Mary

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,569 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Undecided about going solo...???

Have a great stay there!! I've always found the Bahamian people very friendly.

5. Re: Undecided about going solo...???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2015, 07:20