We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

May trip

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
101 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
May trip

Is anyone going to be in Georgetown May 14-21? We want to book an excursion but there are only 4 of us and Exuma Watersports won't guarantee a trip unless at least 8 are going. If anyone is going and would like to join up on one of the Cays tours let me know. Thanks!

Gastonia, North...
Level Contributor
3,473 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: May trip

You guys should go with Sugar. His boat is the best! If he doesn't answer email right away he might be out on the water.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
101 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: May trip

Sugar needs at least 6 so we still need someone to go with us. I do like that his boat is smaller. The most he can take out is 12 where the other companies can take out a lot more. I just want to get something scheduled so we don't miss out on being able to take the tour.

Gastonia, North...
Level Contributor
3,473 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: May trip

Keep trying. Sounds like there are a couple of other Trip Advisor members that will be there the same week. We were able to put together a trip with Sugar that I coordinated using TA and it was the best day of our vacation!

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
9 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: May trip

The 19th is perfect! Feel free to email me directly if you need info or want to coordinate. rwalsh1128@gmail.com.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
101 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: May trip

nola_Rachel, does it matter which tour company we go with? I hear good things about most of them. I do like the idea of a smaller group of 6 or 8 instead of a larger group. The most Sugar's boats can hold is 12 so if we went with him at least we know it won't be too crowded. Have you look at his website or read his reviews on TA?

Atlantic City, New...
Level Contributor
18 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: May trip

With Exuma Water Sports, what do they consider a larger group? I can't imagine any of those boats being able to carry that many people. Either company is really fine for us, I just liked that the 007 tour included lunch at the Staniel Cay Yacht Club. I'm assuming they both go to the same spots..... swimming with pigs, thunder ball grotto, compass cay, starfish bay?? You may know much more than me. I've done a little research but not too much. Monday, May 19 works perfect for us also!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
101 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: May trip

I think they all go to the same places but only Exuma Water Sports includes lunch. With the other ones you just have to buy lunch and I think pay $10 to swim with the sharks. I think my sister and bro-in-law want to go with Exuma Water Sports too. I'll confirm with them. It really doesn't matter to me as long as we get to go out!

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
9 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: May trip

I'm also completely impartial--either Sugar or Exuma Water Sports is fine with me. Both seem to have great reviews, although the idea of a smaller group is somewhat appealing.

19. Re: May trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2015, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Great Exuma