We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tours on San Salvador?

New York
Level Contributor
41 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Tours on San Salvador?

I know San Salvador is a small, largely uninhibited island. Just wondering if there were any tours or things to do there outside the resort.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
492 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Tours on San Salvador?

There are tours, but not alot. If you're at Club Med, they have an excursions desk. The only other hotel I known of is Riding Rock, which is a hardcore scuba place, Jacques Cousteau style, since San Sal has some of the best wall dives in the world.

One tour that looked like fun was the wave runners in Pigeon creek. But I rented a car and did my own touring.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tours on San Salvador?

the first time i traveled to San Salvador, El Salvador i kept my eyes open for a taxi driver that i could trust. i found Mr. Frank. i will arrive for my 6th visit Jan 2012 and be greeted at the airport by my friend Mr Frank. we stop off for fresh fire baked pupusas on way to the hotel Hilton or Sheraton. i have seen all the sights in El Salvador thanks to Frank. i have been to his home and got to hang out with the locals (his large family) several times. this experience cant be booked or paid for! just have to have a friend who you can trust in every country you visit. if anybody has plans to visit El Salvador and would like to have Frank pick you up at the airport and show you the beautiful and quiet El Salvador let me know.

New York
Level Contributor
41 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tours on San Salvador?

Thank you Jim! But I was referring to San Salvador Bahamas, not El Salvador :)

Marietta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations, Bonaire
Level Contributor
4,240 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tours on San Salvador?

We've stayed at the Club Med several times and they offer (or did offer) an "island tour". We took it and it was basically a long time resident of the island and a 10 passenger van touring the island, but ti was very informative and good/interesting. If you can find such a tour offered, I'd recommend it. The island has a lot of interesting places/things (besides Columbus's supposed landing spot.)

Milford...
Level Contributor
4,288 posts
628 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tours on San Salvador?

Thanks for the suggestions!!!!

New York
Level Contributor
41 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tours on San Salvador?

Thank you! Definitely want to do an island tour :)

San Salvador
Level Contributor
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Tours on San Salvador?

Yes you need to see what LagoonTours Bahamas offers. They do mostly eco tours but will also do island tours and get you information on who the best persons are for things like fishing or diving. Google Lagoon Tours Bahamas or Lagoon Tours San Salvador for their web site and more info.

8. Re: Tours on San Salvador?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2014, 11:15
Get answers to your questions about San Salvador
Recent Conversations