We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sand fleas/mosquitos and room location

Los angeles
Level Contributor
168 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
sand fleas/mosquitos and room location

Am seriously considering this Club Med location but wanted to know if anyone could give me an update on mosquitos during the month of May.

Also, am interested in an oceanview room but is it worth it to pay extra for the oceanfront room. I definately want to be away from the disco,, any recommendations

1 reply
Marietta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations, Bonaire
Level Contributor
4,360 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sand fleas/mosquitos and room location

We haven't been to Columbus Isle in several years but will probably return soon.

Mosquitos are hard to predict; their presence depends mostly on how much rain there has been lately since they breed in puddles of fresh water. Always best to tale some insect repellent, just in case, and hope it is not needed.

Practically all rooms have an ocean view. The ones that are classed as "oceanview" are just a little closer to the ocean/beach. All rooms are set back about 150 ft from the beach, and the non-oceanview rooms are probably 200 ft, or something on that order. The upper floor rooms will also have a better view that the ground floor rooms. I would not pay extra for ocean view, but on your first visit, you might want to have a little better view.

Don't worry about the noise from the disco. It is on the far side of the Sea Center and inside; I cannot imagine the noise bothering anyone in a guest room. If you want to make sure, just ask for a room close to village center.

Reply to: sand fleas/mosquitos and room location
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about San Salvador
Recent Conversations