We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staniel Cay to Black Point

White Plains, New...
Level Contributor
877 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Staniel Cay to Black Point

Are there daily trips from Staniel Cay to Black Point? If so, what is the cost or what is the average cost from someone taking you there? What is there to see and do in Black Point?

Thanks

ld
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,683 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staniel Cay to Black Point

I expect you might be able to get there yourself in one of the SCYC boats. We didn't make the trip ourselves, but I undertand some staff live down at Black Point so I can't imagine it's that far.

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
181 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staniel Cay to Black Point

It is an easy <5 mile trip to Black Point. You will need to rent a boat to get there. There are several beaches there, but Black Point is mostly a settlement. If you take a walk or golf cart into town, you will find a couple of stores and a bar. Further south is an abandoned resort site, and a big castle. Even further south is Kemp's Bay which is only accessible by boat. I believe there is also a blue hole on the island, but I did not see it.

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
181 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staniel Cay to Black Point

These maps summarize Black Point's main attractions:

bahamascruisersguide.com/page92/…page182.html

bahamascruisersguide.com/page92/…page183.html

4. Re: Staniel Cay to Black Point

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 19:17
Get answers to your questions about Staniel Cay