We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to get from Orlando to Staniel?

Glastonbury...
Level Contributor
1,422 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best way to get from Orlando to Staniel?

What is the best way to get from Orlando to Staniel Cay? Is Flamingo through Nassau better or Watermakers from Fort Lauderdale?

How much would a charter vs scheduled service be to Staniel from both of those places (each way).

ld
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to get from Orlando to Staniel?

We found a Bahamas air / flamingo private charter cheaper than water makers out if FTL. That said, it was for 4 adults and I would avoid Bahamas air at all cost i future. I would take Jet Blue or another carrier alongside a private Nassau-SC charter if we are out that way again.

However, water makers do have 2 for 1 other offers on sometimes and that makes it more affordable. I would google my out islands as often special fares and discounts appear on that site.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
492 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to get from Orlando to Staniel?

good question for us Staniel lovers. There's a unique advantage to flying out of Orlando, which I've done a couple of times, there's great jet service directly to Nassau. Bahamas Air and Jet Blue have 1-2 flights per day. And last time I went very good prices.

I've also flown Watermakers. For me personally I prefer a jet going 500 mph over the Florida Straights as compared to a prop puttering along at half that speed. I don't care to start me vaca with a nerve-wrecking flight 10,000 feet above open ocean, but that's just me. I've taken American Eagle and Continental from South Florda and far prefer the Jet, although American Eagle is pretty good with a bigger prop plane, but still a bumpy slow ride. Those small planes give me the willy's.

The Orlando service gets into Nassau early enough and return service is in the late afternoon. The only glitch with Bahamas air is that their flights to the out-islands are with the roosters at like 7AM.

Edited: 01 April 2012, 23:39
3. Re: Best way to get from Orlando to Staniel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 11:15